Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That's cool, I was posting my opinions on catalogues. Some people find Wale and his music corny too, and J Cole's music boring. No artist is immune to critics.

I'm willing to bet the guys who liked your post played a Drake song or feature in the past month though :lol:

Played Wale and Cole songs too. I ONLY played the Ross x Drake feature. I don’t check for duke

IYRTITL is the first Drake project that made me hop off the relentless slander train.

Ironically enough, it’s the one project he didn’t... you know. :lol:
shutterstock_715257643-298x300.jpg

Ross ain’t lying though

50 was top 2-3 favorite artists for me from 02-07...the fall off is crazy, his music now is trash

50 makes good music still. Folks just not checking for it. The sound is dated.

Son still a legend, and I’d take everything from 50 Cent is the Future up to The Massacre over Ross’s equivalent projects.

Dead srs.

Son still a legend, and I’d take everything from 50 Cent is the Future up to The Massacre over Ross’s equivalent projects.

Dead srs.

Easily.

Is 50 still putting out music? I haven't heard anything from him in a minute but the last tape he dropped I liked

50 a legend? Nah...

And I loved GRODT but nah.

:lol: at making GRODT the only thing notable he's done. His work on Banks, Buck, Game's first albums, what he did for the mixtape game, one of the greatest and most popular rap albums of all time, one of hip-hop's best businessmen, the list goes on.

:lol: at making GRODT the only thing notable he's done. His work on Banks, Buck, Game's first albums, what he did for the mixtape game, one of the greatest and most popular rap albums of all time, one of hip-hop's best businessmen, the list goes on.
He was apart of the mixtape game blowing up due to the internet...he had almost no part in revolutionizing that. If anyone from that era gets credit (for something that was going to happen anyway) it's Wayne, IMO.

Definitely a top notch business man.

But I don't got him at legend status as a rapper. Maybe a legend in the sense of how famous he got. But as a rapper? Nah.

To put it in sport terms, I'd put 50 in my hall of very good. But not hall of fame.

Based purely on skill and content. Not anything beyond the music itself.

Back
Top Bottom