Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't think we'll ever know how people truly feel about Drake. He's hot and popular, so people will fake it because they can gain from the association.

I think the same thing. It was telling when that news of him getting pissed on first came out. A lot of tight lips and snickering went on. Cats don't really fw son, but he's hot so they smile in pictures with him. Shady ****.

Whole tape was hard

Wale be floating, man. :smh: Son has to stay out of his own way.

Last edited:
When doing these comparisons I always think about who's catalogue really holds weight. Like if you had to delete one of their entire body of work and keep the other, who would you pick. I don't know many people if any who would honestly say they would pick Big Sean's work over Cole. I don't know anyone who would honestly pick Wale's catalogue over everything Drake has put out.

Then again, I only value the actual music. That's all the matters at the end, whether someone is "corny" or not if they are getting spins from me consistently they are doing something right.

EEE5BC9F-2CD1-4077-8838-2C1626DC9C1A.jpeg
Real Detroit music. ****** ain’t listening to big Sean for real, he doing his thing and ****** respect it but that ain’t the wave at all.

When doing these comparisons I always think about who's catalogue really holds weight. Like if you had to delete one of their entire body of work and keep the other, who would you pick. I don't know many people if any who would honestly say they would pick Big Sean's work over Cole. I don't know anyone who would honestly pick Wale's catalogue over everything Drake has put out.

Then again, I only value the actual music. That's all the matters at the end, whether someone is "corny" or not if they are getting spins from me consistently they are doing something right.

Some of us find Drake's music and the simping and bad singing corny

and I would be straight if I never heard another Drake song in my life, in fact I would prefer it.

I think if Drake never first came out as a rapper no one would really have a problem with him.

If he stuck to his early material people wouldn't care as much. Then he started saying random "hard" **** in his songs and it made me cringe :lol:

I don't go out of my way to listen to him, at one point I really really didn't like him, but he's got songs that jam and I'm not gonna deny that. Also won't deny anytime his music comes on in the club everyone loses it and I will participate in the ******* if I've been drinking :lol:

Even Jay, Nas, Pac, 50, Ross, Wayne, etc etc have received criticism. That’s why I laugh when people present him as a legend :lol: :rofl:.

I’m not even talking about their personal lives. Strictly from a music and artistry standpoint, too.
Forreal smfh. Guess we gotta wait until he slows down to see that

I'll never forget Drake sending his goons to a Pusha show in Toronto and them getting tossed like ragdolls by Push's people :lol:

Some of us find Drake's music and the simping and bad singing corny

and I would be straight if I never heard another Drake song in my life, in fact I would prefer it.
That's cool, I was posting my opinions on catalogues. Some people find Wale and his music corny too, and J Cole's music boring. No artist is immune to critics.

I'm willing to bet the guys who liked your post played a Drake song or feature in the past month though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom