Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

They was making similar music at one time. Extra goofy type ****. Tyga just went all the way with it and Sean kinda "matured some" but he still got corny bars and no mic presence at all.

I'm def not rolling with this, did sean have pop songs yes... was that the only thing he was going for Hell no. and even if you want to say they were making similar music we're literally talking 10-12 years ago... Sean & Tyga's trajectories have went completely different ways for a long time now, Sean gives way more of a balance musically than Tyga who at this point makes music strictly for the clubs.

As far as the Wale thing i don't find anything wrong with his voice at all, i think most of the hate comes from him always complaining & that causing it to be "cool" to dislike Wale.

On his best day he can stand with anyone in that class, however i don't think he's more consistent than Kendrick or Cole in terms of Quality & features. And although i haven't like much of drake's projects over the years i still thin Drake has stronger records & features than him also.

Nah, Wale doesn't have a good voice because of enunciation and pitch.

It's why a lot of people miss his pen just as much as his likability.
Yea I’ve never heard it with him. Gave every project an honest ear. I just don’t hear it.

Honestly surprised he’s lasted this long. He used to come here and get baited by Mayor every single time. He’s consistent if nothing else.

Dude in here saying Sean is a “meh” rapper but Wale isn’t? :lol:

Nah, Wale doesn't have a good voice because of enunciation and pitch.

It's why a lot of people miss his pen just as much as his likability.
I like his voice, it's not that special or anything but it does stand out. Out of all the things people dislike Wale for I had no idea some took issue with his voice.

As far as the Wale thing i don't find anything wrong with his voice at all, i think most of the hate comes from him always complaining & that causing it to be "cool" to dislike Wale.

On his best day he can stand with anyone in that class, however i don't think he's more consistent than Kendrick or Cole in terms of Quality & features. And although i haven't like much of drake's projects over the years i still thin Drake has stronger records & features than him also.

I see your point. I’d argue that Drake gets those features and bigger hits because of the perception around him. We’ve literally coined the phrase “the drake stimulus package” for the *****. Cats not rushing to get into the studio with Wale because he complains like a bird sometimes. One is cool to stand next to, the other... not so much.

I'm def not rolling with this, did sean have pop songs yes... was that the only thing he was going for Hell no. and even if you want to say they were making similar music we're literally talking 10-12 years ago... Sean & Tyga's trajectories have went completely different ways for a long time now, Sean gives way more of a balance musically than Tyga who at this point makes music strictly for the clubs.

10-12 years ago? Did you even know of Big Sean in 07-09? :lol:

He was making corny music, that's why his projects are hit or miss.

Like I said he matured around Dark Sky Paradise while Tyga is strictly making thot music.

Lol 90% of the time when dudes in here collectively agree something is good, I know it ain’t for me :lol:

I'm not gonna say that I've been put on to some fire because of NT but that **** there?
That was some grade A boo boo like ya mans throw that on and say it's him and you give him a ride to fill out an application

10-12 years ago? Did you even know of Big Sean in 07-09? :lol:

He was making corny music, that's why his projects are hit or miss.

Like I said he matured around Dark Sky Paradise while Tyga is strictly making thot music.

Again That was not representative of the majority of his music he was making at the time... dude was doing his mixtape thing since about 09 on a large scale. He ain't have Kendrick/Cole like content but it wasn't to the extent of Tyga either..

the man dropped Detroit in 2012

He for sure does the club records but it's a flat out lie to say that's heavily representative of his music as a whole

Never forget cole the snake takes a private conversation with wale turns it into a song where he is sonning him and NEVER clears anything up...meanwhile wale has to go on a press run to explain himself and that cole is his “boy” :smh:

to be fair your guy has made a living off doing this to women who have no celbrity attached to their name & get nothing for it

giphy.gif

I’m not about to get into a debate over a rapper’s voice, but Wale’s issues aren’t the same as Sean’s.

Wale can’t shut the hell up sometimes. If son took the approach Sean did (falling out of the public eye, not going on rants, and always saying less than necessary during interviews), he’d be golden. Sean is just a “meh” rapper.

Folarin > Drake, Cole, Sean, and anyone else from that class not named Kendrick Lamar.

-ye shrug

Kendrick, Wale = Cole > Drake, Meek, Sean.

For our era

Again That was not representative of the majority of his music he was making at the time... dude was doing his mixtape thing since about 09 on a large scale. He ain't have Kendrick/Cole like content but it wasn't to the extent of Tyga either..

the man dropped Detroit in 2012

He for sure does the club records but it's a flat out lie to say that's heavily representative of his music as a whole

Yeah Detroit was good. That's why I said hit or miss. :lol:

His debut was a miss, Hall Of Fame was miss, that project with Metro was a miss. His catalog is filled with corny songs and punch lines.

I see your point. I’d argue that Drake gets those features and bigger hits because of the perception around him. We’ve literally coined the phrase “the drake stimulus package” for the *****. Cats not rushing to get into the studio with Wale because he complains like a bird sometimes. One is cool to stand next to, the other... not so much.

That's part of it sure, but in terms of melodies, hooks & the overall ability of making catchy ****.... Wale ain't in the same ballpark as Drake. I will admit that a lot of his songs haven't "went" semi due to the perception around him, but moreso because he no longer has that machine around him.

Like dude stated earlier wale been reactive since the NT days, he's always been opinionated but that didn't stop his songs from taking off while MMG was moving heavy. Once the label as a whole wasn't as hot & the usual label politic **** started i think that's what's really slowed Wale down as a "Hitmaker". Because in terms of the quality of the songs i would say there still up there.

Yeah Detroit was good. That's why I said hit or miss. :lol:

His debut was a miss, Hall Of Fame was miss, that project with Metro was a miss. His catalog is filled with corny songs and punch lines.

I completely agree with that no doubt he doesn't always put together concise projects & he tends to have a lot of filler... my thing was putting him on Tyga level :lol:.

Like future my guy & all but you can't put him in a convo with Cole, Kendrick, Wale & then in the same day put Sean in a category with Tyga :lol:

Back
Top Bottom