Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Since Cole is about to release that new hot fire, I wanted to go back and revisit the hardest song on For Your Eyez Only and arguably one of the hardest songs Cole has ever done. Straight bars in the storytelling. :sick:

“Cause young ****** is hard headed, they letting off
Full of adrenaline, ignorant to what death can cause
Ain't no coming back, family dressed in black
Plus it's hot now, the cops outside it's hard to flip a pack
And my daughter gotta eat, her mama be stressing me like I ain't the one who put them Jays on her feet
Like I ain't out in the field like that
I might be low for the moment but I will bounce back
Despite the charges, back to the wall I fight regardless, screaming, "**** the law!", my life is lawless”

I try to find employment even if it's wiping toilets
But these felonies be making life the hardest
Resisting the temptation to run up and swipe a wallet
Or run up on your yard, snatch your daughter bike and pawn it

“See baby girl I realized, my definition of a real ***** was skewed
My views misshaped by new mixtapes
That confirmed the **** I learned in the streets was true
That real ****** don't speak when they beef with you
They just pull up on your street, let the heat achoo
And if a real ***** hungry he gon' eat your food

I was a fool, spent all my time ducking school, ducking cops
Ducking rules, hugging blocks that don't love you”

Cardi got the wave :emoji_ocean::emoji_ocean::emoji_ocean:

Kehlani though
6CCE8127-DA7D-484A-A462-551E38F089FD.jpeg

Her titty job >>>

Cardi B entire album charting all over the hot 100, with two records debuting in the top 10

meanwhile Nicki Minaj two records debuted at like 93 and 82. Goddamn.

Also Drake is sure to do his numbers regardless, but something tells me Cole is about to come with his version of DAMN based off how the public perceived his last album. Drake better Come with it on this album in terms of quality & not just "hits". Cole dropping, Ye Dropping soon & i would imagine Chance may be releasing also a lot of competition out there.

I know that this has probably been talked about at length, but since I was one of the people not sympathetic to Meek's incarceration before, I feel it is important I say that.....

I was dead ******* wrong.

Before I only focused on the supposed problems with the judge, that argument I felt was weak. Then looking back at all the times Meek violated and extended his probation, I put the blame on him because I felt he had the money and resources to do better. I stupidly never looked or really considered at the systemic forces working against Meek. All the stories I have heard and read about the Philly police, I should that considered that maybe the charges were possibly BS from the jump. A police department that is famously known for committing organized theft for years.

Most importantly I should have looked into the probation laws that are such bs that they seem written with the explicit purpose of keeping people on probation for many more years that they were sentenced. They are such BS that the new DA (he seem like a real one too) threw them out.

His more money or poor judgment afterward means little because if he got a fair break from the jump, he would have been past this nonsense long ago.

Meek Mill needs to be free, without hesitation.

Last edited:
Also Drake is sure to do his numbers regardless, but something tells me Cole is about to come with his version of DAMN based off how the public perceived his last album. Drake better Come with it on this album in terms of quality & not just "hits". Cole dropping, Ye Dropping soon & i would imagine Chance may be releasing also a lot of competition out there.

Chance is butt

So now jay ain't a good performer cause he don't jump around pointlessly on stage for an hour? :smh:

Dudes tours have always been on point, he's always commanded the stage and had great breath control.

Unfortunately his time is up.
Nah he's just not good.

Son seemed small on stage and I didn't feel any commanding of the stage. Without the screens might lose where he's at if hes not alone.

Why? Each man has their lane. Kendrick for the conscious/artistic crowd, JCole for the every man, Drake for the monster hits, Chance for the outsiders.

Cardi B entire album charting all over the hot 100, with two records debuting in the top 10

meanwhile Nicki Minaj two records debuted at like 93 and 82. Goddamn.

That's low for a Nicki single right?

You two missed that that's just based off just 12 hours and not an entire week.

Cole's production isn't good enough.

Back
Top Bottom