Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

BBD2A0EA-3529-4959-B889-A025099386C4.png

Young scrub trying to piggy back off Nicki momentum w his irrelevant *** :smh:

Nicki got some momentum. All the cardi haters are back on the Nicki train

When the smoke cleared I think everyone realized that nicki is the superior rapper.

How is this petty? Should she wait longer to drop or something :lol:

Meh. It’s a move that will undoubtedly fuel the rumors of “beef”. The internet will see it as a play to either a) catch the wave from Cardi’s momentum, or b) instigate that she’s trying to steal Cardi’s shine. Seems wild contrived either way, but it’s gonna get the people talking, so the marketing scheme’s working. Just gotta see whether the talk translates into listens.

Nicki trash, though.

I’m not giving her the credit of having a better flow when that’s something that she could be getting from her ghostwriter and team. Same with cadence. Delivery is subjective, but I can concede that “her” delivery is better than Cardi’s.

If we keep it a buck, they’re two sides of the same coin. Cardi’s just got more of a likability factor going for her right now.

I’m not giving her the credit of having a better flow when that’s something that she could be getting from her ghostwriter and team. Same with cadence. Delivery is subjective, but I can concede that “her” delivery is better than Cardi’s.

If we keep it a buck, they’re two sides of the same coin. Cardi’s just got more of a likability factor going for her right now.
Nah u letting bias cloud ur judgment
Ur hating right now
Nikki a top 7 female rapper

The day people not named mrwavez openly call Drake a top 5 rapper, I’ll concede to that. Otherwise, nah. I can’t give someone a top ranking rap spot if they’ve got writers. Discredits the people who do the stuff on their own.

Edit: Remy definitely writing her own music. Rhapsody also (unless someone has more information than I do :nerd:).

Most definitely.

But I think cardi did a great job on that Motorsport song. I thought Nicki would wash her but that is not that case...the migos members all got washed tho
Cardi recorded after Nikki verse
Like Luda on stomp
So I think if it was even
And Nikki knew what was ushe woulda bodied cardi

The day people not named mrwavez openly call Drake a top 5 rapper, I’ll concede to that. Otherwise, nah. I can’t give someone a top ranking rap spot if they’ve got writers. Discredits the people who do the stuff on their own.
People name Lauren
And she got writers
Say he album a classic
And all that

Slap fire out yourself.

None of these girls writing if we using that logic. :lol:
It’s true though u don’t remember
all the legal stuff she went through
Cause writers were saying they ain’t get paid
And she had to pay all of them
It wasn’t just a couple either
Was a gang of writers