Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Does Lauryn hill own her music? I know she performs her songs live on different beats or tempos cause she isn't authorized to use the originals.

Her situation is complicated, a lot of what ppl say is based off rumor. I’m pretty sure she still has to green light these songs tho

Aubrey is the face of why we need regional **** back. Watching him attempt other regional sounds is pathetic, that song is trash.

All these celebs in the video, this guy is a superstar yet everything he does is him trying to go viral or become a meme. He can't just make authentic music and do a regular video.

While I do think that "toxic masculinity" thing is BS, CTG gotta sit down. People just throwing "woke" around like it's something wrong with being aware.

But how do you connect Drake with "toxic masculinity"? Son's image from day 1 is to be the soft and sensitive guy.

nobody in those tweets said anything about “wokeness”

ctg brought that word up like its lame to be aware lol

woke might as well mean hotep now

Aubrey is the face of why we need regional **** back. Watching him attempt other regional sounds is pathetic, that song is trash.

All these celebs in the video, this guy is a superstar yet everything he does is him trying to go viral or become a meme. He can't just make authentic music and do a regular video.

The funny thing is these pro South dudes don't say anything when the Beige Prince does it.

Right. It's to the point now if you talk about racism some corny black folks will say "Oh he think he woke!".

I don't even say that ****. People water down everything today.

Nicki better hurry up and get some music together before she's out of here and on a reality show. It seems like a lot of people want Cardi to win for some reason.

I guess it's some sort of success story and people can I remember when she was on instagram.

but damn, she doesn't write her own music.

I hate the attention she gets while Rapsody gets none from women. Oprah needs to be promoting her. You promote ******** over lyricism and positivity.

Nicki better hurry up and get some music together before she's out of here and on a reality show. It seems like a lot of people want Cardi to win for some reason.

I guess it's some sort of success story and people can I remember when she was on instagram.

but damn, she doesn't write her own music.

I hate the attention she gets while Rapsody gets none from women. Oprah needs to be promoting her. You promote bull**** over lyricism and positivity.

you think oprah social media marketing team give a **** about that **** u just typed

she tryna piggy back off hype she dont give a **** about “lyricism and positivity”

nobody who is a multi millionaire in urban culture does

Remember when Oprah had Ludacris and cast of Crash on her show and she started throwing all these questions to Luda about his lyrics and ****

Women don't want lyrics, they want catchy, sexist and nasty lyrics. Probably more men supporting Rhapsody than women.

The hypocrisy is just funny

It doesn't matter if I listen to degrading songs
It doesn't matter who I hang around
It doesn't matter if I'm a stripper
It doesn't matter if I'm half naked
It doesn't matter how many men I've been with
It doesn't matter if I have a kid(s) out of wedlock

You're still supposed to respect me :lol:

but if you're a dude who doesn't have a car
doesn't have his own place
Isn't educated
Doesn't have money
Doesn't dress or look or certain way
You're a bum and beneath me :lol:

Well that's what that crowd did to itself. That entire section of Twitter, community, or whatever you wanna call it has turned into a joke. All they do is say the most outlandish **** and feed upon the ignorance of the people that follow them. It seems like it's a competition of who can say the most ridiculous, against the grain things just to "out-woke" the others. You can't say that some people within that sector has gotten out of control.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom