Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah. On a mainstream level. They were almost “dead”. Juvie seemed to be doing fine. BG gone. Turk on hair-on and in jail.

And I vividly remember people counting them out. But Stunna & Wayne & Fresh kept it afloat. Especially Beatrice. He doesn’t get enough credit for just trying ****.

This when Baby was really an artist. ***** had a best of both worlds with R Kelly :lol:. Signing ******s from everywhere. Big Tymers. TQ. Boo n Gotti, Curren$y. Young Money (saved them). Lots of random ****. Most of it wasn’t even mainstream.

The Wayne mixtapes were fire tho. Really set the stage for Wayne. SQ series, Suffix, Prefix etc, then 500 Degreez (Underrated) right up to Dedication & Carter 1.

It’s my favorite era of Lil Wayne.

I can tell you really a fan. I remember this era all too well.

I remember still fly kinda catching people off guard because CM was in turmoil somewhat publically.

Baby believing in Wayne, and letting him grow as an artist via the mixtapes was really dope. Wayne somewhat warms up to become a legend on those SQAD tapes.

Yeah. On a mainstream level. They were almost “dead”. Juvie seemed to be doing fine. BG gone. Turk on hair-on and in jail.

And I vividly remember people counting them out. But Stunna & Wayne & Fresh kept it afloat. Especially Beatrice. He doesn’t get enough credit for just trying ****.

This when Baby was really an artist. ***** had a best of both worlds with R Kelly :lol:. Signing ******s from everywhere. Big Tymers. TQ. Boo n Gotti, Curren$y. Young Money (saved them). Lots of random ****. Most of it wasn’t even mainstream.

The Wayne mixtapes were fire tho. Really set the stage for Wayne. SQ series, Suffix, Prefix etc, then 500 Degreez (Underrated) right up to Dedication & Carter 1.

It’s my favorite era of Lil Wayne.

The best Wayne. The SQ run to 500 to C1. My pops used play this OD when 500 dropped …now he out here listening to da baby :frown: we used to be kings

The only Baby I acknowledge is 'Atrice

birdman-ball-blockin-video.jpg

I can tell you really a fan. I remember this era all too well.

I remember still fly kinda catching people off guard because CM was in turmoil somewhat publically.

Baby believing in Wayne, and letting him grow as an artist via the mixtapes was really dope. Wayne somewhat warms up to become a legend on those SQAD tapes.

Yessir. Beatrice really believed in Wayne. And Fresh/Juvie too. ***** Wayne was unique. He wasn’t as raw as BG. But Wayne was basically a born rapper, childhood prodigy. Who mixed all the great hip hop acts of the 90s, plus New Orleans for a wider appeal. Wayne pretty much took and mixed Hov/Pac image/appeal/flow and output, but without the substance (he himself says it). Plus the Philly influence. At his peak, all these things connected.

Wayne is a real student of rap. That’s why it’s annoying when he plays dumb. It’s all part of the appeal. The “no writing thing” was funny too :lol:

Yikes @ that Funny Marco/G Herbo/Southside interview.
I mess with Herbo, but dude is a drunk and that **** was lame as hell.

Didn’t watch the episode, but I saw the clip of him counting money or throwing it on the floor.

Incredibly idiotic behavior for someone who just plead guilty for wire fraud and other money crimes, and is awaiting a ruling by the judge.

Last edited:
Yooooo McDonald's sells mumbo sauce that's crazy

Saw this last week and tried it

Respect to DC and i know it’s just the whitewashed McDonald’s version but that mf taste like barbecue sauce and ketchup with way too much vinegar. Can’t imagine eating soggy wings with that **** on it :lol:

McDonald’s had a sprite commercial/campaign like a few years ago talking about, “it hits different”

:lol:

They been marketing to the black community since the 70s/80s. And we have know it, talked about it. It’s in their business model.

It’s low key insidious.

Read on another site that businesses that target lower income areas (like instant check cashing places for example) look for areas with hella McDonalds in a close range….they’ve already done the demographic work

original.jpg

1697517517786.png

I was walking down the hallway at my job and all of a sudden my brain went:

GUESS WHAT MY MOMMA TOLD ME....SHE HATE MY PATNAS!

song shoulda ended after Plies verse :lol:

Saw this last week and tried it

Respect to DC and i know it’s just the whitewashed McDonald’s version but that mf taste like barbecue sauce and ketchup with way too much vinegar. Can’t imagine eating soggy wings with that **** on it :lol:

:lol:

It wasn't good to me. It was too vinegary.

The regular DC version is a lot better than that.

Yikes @ that Funny Marco/G Herbo/Southside interview.
I mess with Herbo, but dude is a drunk and that **** was lame as hell.

I really don’t get the Funny Marco thing. That ***** came outta nowhere to me :lol:. No idea how these interview are like 40 minutes. It’s like “between the ferns”, in real life

Found a recap

But I just looked it up, and it’s even worse. Herbo threw a cup straight in that ***** face, and then broke Marco 30k watch. Southside really got ho ways. True clown. He was nice and friendly the entire interview, then Herbo showed up, and he started D-riding and doing that “twin” bs 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️. Herbo made Southside even hold that cup, before throwing it on Marco :smh:

Back
Top Bottom