Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m raw in blueface/blackchyna moms them.

44C707E0-610B-4ADF-A819-5A6F197E2B9B.gif

Feels good being able to listen to this again...

20231015_193201.jpg

In 5.1 high resolution audio. I know 99% of the population dont care about hearing music, let alone rap, in surround sound, but I love that Outkast went the extra mile to make this. Wish I could find more good rap on SACD and DVD-A, but unfortunately they just dont exist for the most part.

That 02-04 period was by far the worse cash money years. :lol:

Yeah. On a mainstream level. They were almost “dead”. Juvie seemed to be doing fine. BG gone. Turk on hair-on and in jail.

And I vividly remember people counting them out. But Stunna & Wayne & Fresh kept it afloat. Especially Beatrice. He doesn’t get enough credit for just trying ****.

This when Baby was really an artist. ***** had a best of both worlds with R Kelly :lol:. Signing ******s from everywhere. Big Tymers. TQ. Boo n Gotti, Curren$y. Young Money (saved them). Lots of random ****. Most of it wasn’t even mainstream.

The Wayne mixtapes were fire tho. Really set the stage for Wayne. SQ series, Suffix, Prefix etc, then 500 Degreez (Underrated) right up to Dedication & Carter 1.

It’s my favorite era of Lil Wayne.

Damn, this Envy stuff really doesn’t seem like it’s going away.

Ctg had the rape allegations come out a few years ago and iHeart saw it through with him so maybe Envy’ll be alright if things get cleared up in court.

… But then again, I can’t recall a lot of heat coming down on iheart as a company when that was going down with ctg. Plus that case had already been closed out. Envy’s stuff seems to be just getting started.

It’ll be interesting to see how things play out.

Yeah. On a mainstream level. They were almost “dead”. Juvie seemed to be doing fine. BG gone. Turk on hair-on and in jail.

And I vividly remember people counting them out. But Stunna & Wayne & Fresh kept it afloat. Especially Beatrice. He doesn’t get enough credit for just trying ****.

This when Baby was really an artist. ***** had a best of both worlds with R Kelly :lol:. Signing ******s from everywhere. Big Tymers. TQ. Boo n Gotti, Curren$y. Young Money (saved them). Lots of random ****. Most of it wasn’t even mainstream.

The Wayne mixtapes were fire tho. Really set the stage for Wayne. SQ series, Suffix, Prefix etc, then 500 Degreez (Underrated) right up to Dedication & Carter 1.

It’s my favorite era of Lil Wayne.

What an impeccable run :smokin

Back
Top Bottom