Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

^most people need to be hypnotized into what to listen to.

The actual music isnt the deciding factor, its the politics and bs around it that decides whether or not someone will listen to it.

Fact of the matter is, its a very casual experience for the majority of “listeners”. They really just want some **** to play in the car.

Last edited:

The barriers to creating and distributing music have damn near been obliterated. Personally, actively finding new music/artists feels like a chore.

And as convenient as these genre/mood/activity-based playlists are in theory, I refuse to listen to them simply because I still want to “stumble” on the artist. The shift to mood/activity-themed from genre-based playlists is another example of the commodification of music and it becoming a background thing versus a focal point.

Playlist are the new radio?

Funny how these record and streaming companies still control artist becoming popular, even though the consumer should have more control.

Some people want to be led.

^most people need to be hypnotized into what to listen to.

The actual music isnt the deciding factor, its the politics and bs around it that decides wheather or not someone will listen to it.

Fact of the matter is, its a very casual experience for the majority of “listeners”. They really just want some **** to play in the car.

I also think most people listen to playlists in the car.

You can’t be driving and searching from artist to artist in the car. Playlists become easier that way, when people just want something to listen to, in the car.

Apple Music’s playlist and shuffle are trash. I don’t know why I’m still giving them my money :lol: :smh: Pandora is better than them.

If they play “Freestyle” one more time I’m gonna lose it :lol:.

They got songs from like 2020, that weren’t meant to have longevity. I swear, Moneybagg Yo old songs from some summers ago, come on all the time :lol: . They be having **** like Nav on there lol

Tidal playlists are cool but they’re not my go to. I go to my saved library of songs and just shuffle most of the time. Occasionally I will put a playlist on if there’s any new music out.

I really dont listen to music anymore....and Just sittin here realizing that kinda saddens me. I would say I probably listen to 15 mins of music a day..which is on my ride to work.

and most the times I just ride in silence so its very rare that I do. But the times that I do play music its mainly me just puttin my library on shuffle. but man, once upon a time I was listening to music probably 70% of my day. In my headphones, in the car, at the crib on my speakers. I would leave the house with my music playing.. Miss those days.

But throw in a full time gig, a kid, and a wife, it kinda all fell to the wayside..Unless its a new release from an artist I rarely listen anymore.

I really dont listen to music anymore....and Just sittin here realizing that kinda saddens me. I would say I probably listen to 15 mins of music a day..which is on my ride to work.

and most the times I just ride in silence so its very rare that I do. But the times that I do play music its mainly me just puttin my library on shuffle. but man, once upon a time I was listening to music probably 70% of my day. In my headphones, in the car, at the crib on my speakers. I would leave the house with my music playing.. Miss those days.

But throw in a full time gig, a kid, and a wife, it kinda all fell to the wayside..Unless its a new release from an artist I rarely listen anymore.
I feel you, the only reason I get to kinda listen is commuting on the metro. But also solo car rides. If I ride with my girl I can really listen to what I want :rolleyes:

When I was at home remote I definitely wouldn’t really know what new is out there.

Apple Music’s playlist and shuffle are trash. I don’t know why I’m still giving them my money :lol: :smh: Pandora is better than them.

If they play “Freestyle” one more time I’m gonna lose it :lol:.

Man idk what happened but AM got so damn trash. It used to be decent until recently. I thought it was just me that I was getting the same music playing over and over again. Even on shuffle I’m still hearing the same songs. Pandora does have better playlists but I’m also getting the same experience from AM. It sucks.

Man idk what happened but AM got so damn trash. It used to be decent until recently. I thought it was just me that I was getting the same music playing over and over again. Even on shuffle I’m still hearing the same songs. Pandora does have better playlists but I’m also getting the same experience from AM. It sucks.
Sometimes I’ll even get the same song like 3 songs later that kicked off the shuffle :lol:

That's what happened with Sirius XM. Had a free trial at first, thought it was cool. Then I realized they just replay the same songs. Didn't re up after it expired. They kept calling me and sending me offers. Price dropped to like $3 a month lol. I blocked their number and ended up moving so I haven't heard from them in a minute.

Apple has the laziest shuffle ever. I get the same songs in a session or the same artist multiple times. When that happens I just cut the **** off and ride in silence :lol:

I feel this. I listen to music when i wake and get prepared for work. My wife thinks im an ******* because of that, but whatevs. I listen on the way to work, but sports radio on the way home since the local shows be on.

My job gives me some space to listen to music. Some days I could listen for half the shift, same days only 15 mins of the shift.

But ya, kids, wife...post drive home music time is near impossible.

Back
Top Bottom