Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I Dont Listen To Any Local Artist But Based On How Folks Are Here They Most Likely Dont/Wont.

Until They Blow Assuming They Respected In The Streets (i.e. Not A Wale type)

****** ain't really on this type of time to the degree they were back in the day. It's PG ****** that literally run DC hoods and vice versa.

One of the biggest local PG rappers got his name from shooting a SE rapper and bragging about it :smh:

🔥🔥🔥 Classic Em

Fire Marshall 🔥🔥🔥

**** it, I'm on Em all day today

We're good

curb-your-enthusiasm-larry-david.gif

I still rock with Em. Like most (who would dare to admit it :lol:), it’s usually his older stuff though. But he’s got tracks post 2007 that are good as well. I usually give his new albums a listen and keep the couple of songs that I rock with.

Shoot. Til I Collapse is a classic that’s on my workout playlist. Pretty sure it came on Monday while I was in the gym.

The ultra-lyrical-miracle-cutting-off-umbilicals-like-sumbliminals stuff is wack though. :lol:

Im sick of the disrespect and ****** capping like they wasn't listening to Eminem. Ppl really be trying to front like he wasn't the top dog for a number of years.

I remember him coming out with Who’s the Real Slim Shady…I was like this isn’t going to last long; this is a gimmick and a parody.

Only song I admired by Em and listened to is Stan. The rest of it - nawl.

Last edited:

I forgot how much I used to rock with TIP :lol:. Specifically around this time. he couldn’t miss. Perfect storm

The preview for “U Dont Know Me” that came on at the end of the “Bring em out” video was when I went full T.I. fan in High school 😂 it was a wrap I knew the hand gestures n all

The previewing of “Motivation” after “ASAP” video, was tough too.

“5’9, with the soul of a 6’4 *****”

:smokin

Im sick of the disrespect and ****** capping like they wasn't listening to Eminem. Ppl really be trying to front like he wasn't the top dog for a number of years.

The last time *****s was really even F’n with Eminem was like 2004.

That’s almost 20 years ago. To put that in perspective, he came out in like 98/99. And *****s had stopped checking for him in 04. That’s a 5 year run of decent to good music (in a time where people weren’t dropping frequently).

We’ve had the last 20 years of very few Eminem records that *****s ACTUALLY **** with.

That’s not to say he doesn’t have black fans, or isn’t generally well respected. But people finally have stopped lying about Eminem, and started telling the collective truth. And it just SEEMS like disrespect. But this is what *****s have been feeling for a long time.

We all watched 8 Mile, and thought Eminem was the Cool white boy, who hung with Dre, Snoop, 50 & em, and could go bar for bar with the best of em.

After that…what else is left there musically, from 2004, til now? 2023. Not much

Back
Top Bottom