Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Zaytiggy on the album. **** sound hard af.

I just saw "Jeezy" and "Zaytiggy" and was like

20221022_125620.jpg

Whoever mixed it did a horrible job lol.. it beats but it sounds like *** in the whip

Mixing has been falling off bad. Seems like a lot of tapes have been mastered horribly.
Boston Richie has to be the worst mixing I've ever heard.
I thought it was just me lol The sound quality is meh at best. I like the project though.

That's my biggest issue with the streaming era. Sound quality has taken a nosedive tremendously. Even the "mastered" version on Tidal doesn't sound good.

Man, time be flying. I still remember the experience the first time I heard this album, instant classic. It literally took me weeks to start listening to “regular” rap again after this, it just made everything else sound wack as hell in comparison. I remember being heavy on Durk’s life ain’t no joke tape at the time when this dropped and I had to put that **** all the way up.

I remember hearing Poetic Justice the first time and not even being able to fully comprehend what I was hearing, that **** literally blew my mind. Of course there are several tracks on the album that are better but the feeling I got when I first heard that **** felt like Kendrick just created a new genre of music. Imma have to give this album a spin today just out of respect

Back
Top Bottom