Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

143BFB72-EC36-4F1B-94A6-7821E48CAFB2.jpeg
Tidal was a miss?
Rocawear?

The Meg hate weird as hell, ****** keep goal post moving on some revisionist history type **** to fit their lil narrative. Now she ain't never move units? Yeah right

The Meg hate weird as hell, ****** keep goal post moving on some revisionist history type **** to fit their lil narrative. Now she ain't never move units? Yeah right

I'm not speaking from hate. She's just never moved units to fit her implied popularity. To get SNL, national commercials and award show looks. She's not Doja Cat or Lizzo.

Practically everybody on a major moves units today because of streaming and inflated fictionalized numbers. If it wasn't gold or platinum before, it is now. That's how someone can sell 120 the first week and get to platinum.

Has she ever headlined a tour? That's when you see where someone's popularity is really at. Podcasters can go fill up a couple of thousand seats.

Tidal wasn’t a brick, pretty sure he got out while he was still up and Blueprint 2 wasn’t a brick at all. That cd is criminally underrated. I counted 3 maybe 4 skips on the whole joint. 22 out of 25. The curse could have been a classic on its own if 2 many **** wasn’t on there.

and he got a bag for selling his portion.

Tidal was never going to replace or compete with Apple Music or Spotify.

Yea that Jay list is bogus. Pretty sure he made money from all those supposedly misses lol

I actually like Tidal. They pay artists the most per stream IIRC. I wish it did get more support from our people when Jay had it.

Back
Top Bottom