Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Big always been a nickname for fat dudes. Not rollin with that.

And I was expecting a full on reference track. Not knocking Puff or Big for using that beat.

It’s more than that. Doesn’t really take away from BIG, but definitely shines a new light on a classic record/song/flow, that we didn’t know the origin too.

The industry is all magic tricks. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
And Puff is Houdini.

The original Notorious...

When Biggie says " “From the Mississippi down to the East Coast" he means the origin of his name / single - taken from B1.

B1 released this single and created the alter ego "Big Daddy".

After a 1992 Calvin Lockhart lawsuit over the name "Biggie Smalls" Biggie / Bad Boy could no longer use that moniker.

Puff heard B1's single.

Biggie became "Notorious BIG" / "Big Poppa" after B1's "Notorious B1" / "Big Daddy" persona.

Even used the exact same sample, flow, and rags to riches theme.

The rest is history...

"Brooklyn keeps on takin it" - KRS ONE

diddy-puffy.gif

Big always been a nickname for fat dudes. Not rollin with that.

And I was expecting a full on reference track. Not knocking Puff or Big for using that beat.

I'm sitting back like "nothing to see here". :lol:

Pete Rock already said years ago Puff took the beat from him.

Y'all know he went by Biggie Smalls before, right?

And he had to change that name because of copywrite claims, so why would he change to another name if there was a chance someone else had the same name?

Party & ******** was released in June 1993, and this was the 90's that **** wasn't done in a couple of weeks and released like now.

Have y'all ever thought the Mississippi dude came after Big, nah that can't be right, because the internet is full of correct information.

Back
Top Bottom