Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Also using the nicknames somewhat gives it a more personal feel.

Using your nickname in your hometown and somewhat promoting that your local rap icons are on an album with the biggest artist in the world is a good look.

I won't front like all these dudes haven't already made it but it's still gives it a more personal touch.

Kanye rented TWO WHOLE STADIUMS!

That s*** was wayyyyy doper. Mans put up a replica of his moms house. In his hometown. In it’s most famous stadium.

I don’t even check for Ye’s music. But he the best at this marketing s***

What Kanye did has never been done. I don’t even check for Kanye’s music anymore. But I always check for his artistry.

Nothing tops what Kanye did. I just wish the music was good.

Some body mentioned he should of kept the emoji theme for the billboards. That would of been hard , and had people somewhat guessing

for example

Atlanta 🐍 🗡🪐👶🏽

this along with the cover is getting everybody talking though, making memes , reposting , etc. Nothing super spectacular but still dope

at the end of the day just hoping the music is good though
That would've worked for ATL but idk about other cities and other artist. Is there an emoji for Durk? Giveon? Dolla sign is easy but some of these other dudes just don't have that yet.

It will come with time tho.

18 tracks

2B8C12C5-AF90-4C6C-8BE9-56FE9FE9F89E.jpeg

That s*** was wayyyyy doper. Mans put up a replica of his moms house. In his hometown. In it’s most famous stadium.

After going to the listening party last week and not having checked for Kanye music for a couple years now I gotta admit Ye a marketing genius.

The presentation etc definitely made me check for the album and it didn't disappoint. He needed to be a bit more over the top tho.

What Kanye did has never been done. I don’t even check for Kanye’s music anymore. But I always check for his artistry.

Nothing tops what Kanye did. I just wish the music was good.

what Kanye did was amazing. He dropped the ball by doing it 3 times and not dropping the album though .

if he just did the show with the house in Chicago then dropped the album at midnight that would of been amazing

but sidenote I hate how literally everything they do now is being compared and it’s ye Stans/fans VS drake stans/fans (not you) lol, both could be dope .

I assumed the Drake cover with the baby emojis were for like love and baby making music or something but people just went all over the place with it.

1. Better than that whole Kanye roll out.
2. Different approach - more personalize “Hey Atlanta - yada yada yada” “Hey NYC, yada yada”
Not just some album cover “4:44” - that could just be a movie

I think Kanye's was better, well if an album would have actually come out after the first one...

A last minute giant listening for a last minute album....with the album the next day

People gone remember the imagery Kanye curated over them Drake billboards.
Now this is true. What ye did will be talked about, and likely imitated (in a smaller fashion, not everyone is billionaire) for years to come.

But Drake can't do that. He also doesn't really need to. Who isn't checking for a drake project?

Kanye was coming off of several projects that people literally trashed.

I get that he has a legion of Stans but for acceptance into the community at large he had to make a spectacle of the album dropping.

I like Donda as I've said before, but there's no way I'm checking for it without the shows etc. Ye has don't too much damage to his credibility, and everyone takes the words of a Stan with a grain of salt.

Now this is true. What ye did will be talked about, and likely imitated (in a smaller fashion, not everyone is billionaire) for years to come.

But Drake can't do that. He also doesn't really need to. Who isn't checking for a drake project?

Kanye was coming off of several projects that people literally trashed.

I get that he has a legion of Stans but for acceptance into the community at large he had to make a spectacle of the album dropping.

I like Donda as I've said before, but there's no way I'm checking for it without the shows etc. Ye has don't too much damage to his credibility, and everyone takes the words of a Stan with a grain of salt.

Drake got credibility? Kanye done did some backsliding but he still one of us. He’s spoke on the black plight from day one.

Drake don’t stand for anything. He ain’t never spoke on black issues (idc for that matter) but Drake ain’t credible and he equally as flawed as Kanye

Kanye put on for his mama with this one. Imagine if she was alive to see that. That’s really unconditional love. Again, I been done with bruh music but he did his thing with this one.

Got moms name ringing off. And like I said, the images are what sets it apart.

I’ll give it Ye rollout is always different. Being that I attended the Atlanta listening party (damn near blew your ear drums out) - it fell short - compared to Chicago.

However, I like simplicity - more so I’m a simple guy.

Hope Drake’s new album is good - didn’t care for the previous 3 albums. I am one of the few that enjoyed Ye’s newest album.

This is facts. I keep telling people the only comparison I could make to the Donda shows is an opera.

I truly believe that is what shows will look like at some point in the future.

Ye a genius for sure, there is no denying that part.

So this top that Ye vs 50 Cent album rollout?

This is facts. I keep telling people the only comparison I could make to the Donda shows is an opera.

I truly believe that is what shows will look like at some point in the future.

Ye a genius for sure, there is no denying that part.

yup. Same comparison I made to the yeezus tour. **** was like an opera . His visuals and presentation are beyond anything in rap .

he just can’t really rap anymore to back it up … which sucks . Id still go to a live show though for the experience alone

I think the idea of Kanye trying to draw in community at large ended with MDBTF (I can see someone arguing Pablo).

Dropping an 1 1/2 album, with heavy Gospel sounds & Edits probably isn't the way to go when doing that.

One is an Artist one is a Product, Both can be capable of making Great/trash music. but at this point in there careers it's clear as day that they have two completely different aims when releasing music.

Drake got credibility? Kanye done did some backsliding but he still one of us. He’s spoke on the black plight from day one.

Drake don’t stand for anything. He ain’t never spoke on black issues (idc for that matter) but Drake ain’t credible and he equally as flawed as Kanye

Depends on what you look at as credibility.

Some would say that Kanye's ability to articulate the plight of black people and creatives has been both a gift and a curse for him. We loved him for doing it early in his career but as he evolved and got richer/ further away from everyday people and his views/ message changed it's hurt his image.

The Slavery was a choice debacle doesn't happen for other artist cause we don't even expect them to speak on certain ****. When you hear that **** from the same guy who said Bush doesn't care about black people it hurts a lil more.

Drake pulled a Mike and maybe even a early Hov/ Beyonce by not taking those risks and publically speaking on such issues. Not saying that's right by any means, he has the biggest platform in the world so of course I wanna see him support BLM publically etc but who is to say that doesn't happen later.

I don't think the masses are even looking to drake for that tbh. He never aligned himself with that type of stuff so it's not like we expect it now.

Honestly Lil Baby surprised me with his Bigger Picture song. That's when I really started to think damn Baby might have this **** sewn up for this decade.

Back
Top Bottom