Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Man shut up :lol: :lol: Old and wrong

like you literally could not be any more wrong

Old, brilliant and a ******* genius instead of young and ******* stupid

I'd take the old and billiant instead of being young and stupid, because when you're old, you'll still be ******* stupid

Old, brilliant and a ****ing genius instead of young and ****ing stupid

I'd take the old and billiant instead of being young and stupid, because when you're old, you'll still be ****ing stupid

You the stupid one *****, you’ve proven that a number of times. Only a stupid MFer think they know everything. How you old af and lack wisdom?

I'm sorry but that quote is an attempt to justify biting.

Nothing to do with Em' s influence on Kendrick or Kendrick using his flow.

Influence period is using nuances from things you like. There’s a likelihood Em was influenced by someone resulting in that style. Homage is a form of influence is it not?

Everybody love dead rappers more. Don’t know what his legacy would’ve been if he ain’t have a sample size run and stuck around 15 years. I’ve seen 50 have the most impactful run ever and look how that ended musically. Rest his soul X in a lot of places was bigger than hov and look how that turned out.

truth. But doesn’t negate the fact, or help the argument someone being better. We’d never know. But we do know Big is the more decorated artist.

I think Joell made a few mistakes early on in his career. One, was feeding into the Pun comparisons. He needed to establish himsef as a different artist as much as possible. Then signing with Dre. Aftermath has a bad track record with artists who don't already have strong enough fanbases. Then, the Slaughterhouse deal with Shady. Same problems as Aftermath. It's almost like he made the same mistake twice. Now, he's a critically acclaimed rapper and he makes a living but he needed someone to point him in the right directions. To make a Pun comparison (no pun intended), he needed a Fat Joe. Someone who could mold that raw talent into a commercially viable artist.

I think Joell made a few mistakes early on in his career. One, was feeding into the Pun comparisons. He needed to establish himsef as a different artist as much as possible. Then signing with Dre. Aftermath has a bad track record with artists who don't already have strong enough fanbases. Then, the Slaughterhouse deal with Shady. Same problems as Aftermath. It's almost like he made the same mistake twice. Now, he's a critically acclaimed rapper and he makes a living but he needed someone to point him in the right directions. To make a Pun comparison (no pun intended), he needed a Fat Joe. Someone who could mold that raw talent into a commercially viable artist.

I think Joell had no story. He was just another rapper.

the ex basketball player, drug dealer, we heard that before, more was needed

a lot of rappers can rap, but you still don't know them from them rapping or the product needs to be good. That's what separates them. You need some wit, some introspection, personality

that aftermath move was weird

YawningDishonestAlpaca-max-1mb.gif

I think Joell had no story. He was just another rapper.

the ex basketball player, drug dealer, we heard that before, more was needed

a lot of rappers can rap, but you still don't know them from them rapping or the product needs to be good. That's what separates them. You need some wit, some introspection, personality

It's not so much the story as much as it's about artist development. Even Pun's story was old- overweight rapper (Fat Joe, Biggie, Chubb Rock, Heavy D, Fat Boys), rapping about hood **** (Fat Joe, Biggie), chicks (Heavy D, Biggie), Puerto Rican (Fat Joe, Prince Markie Dee). But Fat Joe knew that Pun had to tone down the Horrorcore stuff and make more radio friendly music. And Joe had the connections to get him top notch production and features. Joell needed someone like that in his corner. That Slaughterhouse album with Shady sounded like an Eminem album. Which is something Joe Budden mentioned in his Eminem rant. He was right. Joell needed better guidance.

Back
Top Bottom