Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Jones just on his Wayne/Pac/Gucci mane, “no days off” record an abundance of music no matter what. Just cause you got a lot of songs don’t mean S****!

Case in point, Jeezy/Gucci verzuz. Gucci literally got 100 mixtapes and 6+ major label albums.... and he still loss.

Jones doing an awesome job of staying relevant and evolving with the times though. He respected by a lot of young dudes. Lowkey, a lot of young dudes know more about Jim Jones, than Cam.

Jones just on his Wayne/Pac/Gucci mane, “no days off” record an abundance of music no matter what. Just cause you got a lot of songs don’t mean S****!

Case in point, Jeezy/Gucci verzuz. Gucci literally got 100 mixtapes and 6+ major label albums.... and he still loss.

Jones doing an awesome job of staying relevant and evolving with the times though. He respected by a lot of young dudes. Lowkey, a lot of young dudes know more about Jim Jones, than Cam.

Jim been doing since like 04 though. Dropping albums every year and 2-3 tapes between.

They definitely were early in bridging that gap

These _’s got a crazy story too. I didn’t realize until later that they went to High School in NYC, was running around in the streets in Staten, going back and forth from the U.K. back here

_’s had Busta, Nore, French etc tappin in

I couldn't get with SAS at all back then, accents were just too weird :lol:

They definitely were early in bridging that gap

These _’s got a crazy story too. I didn’t realize until later that they went to High School in NYC, was running around in the streets in Staten, going back and forth from the U.K. back here

_’s had Busta, Nore, French etc tappin in

Bro the first time i heard them i was so lost :lol:, dudes from london using NYC slang & repping blood

Dipset really could have been so much bigger in terms of sales/mainstream but over the years i hink both Cam & Jimmy have shown that they just DGAF about any of that outside of the cash.

And just because i don't like the energy on Cam's name these past few post :smh:

When he wants he can still get in that bag

Last edited:
Bro the first time i heard them i was so lost :lol:, dudes from london using NYC slang & repping blood

Dipset really could have been so much bigger in terms of sales/mainstream but over the years i hink both Cam & Jimmy have shown that they just DGAF about any of that outside of the cash.

Yeah, they dropped the ball with their following and popularity

From Jim and Cam's issues to Rocafella breaking up and Juelz wasting talent

I think Jay had some part in them not being as commercially successful as they could've been or wanted to be. I recall Dame at one point was trying to make Cam VP of the ROC, but then Jay blocked that.

Even Juelz solo career fizzled out when Jay took his position as Pres at Def Jam. What the Game's Been Missing dropped and then he never put out anything else on Def Jam. I'm sure part of that was due to Jay and Cam not being on the best of terms

I think Jay had some part in them not being as commercially successful as they could've been or wanted to be. I recall Dame at one point was trying to make Cam VP of the ROC, but then Jay blocked that.

Even Juelz solo career fizzled out when Jay took his position at Def Jam. What the Game's Been Missing dropped and then he never put out anything else on Def Jam. I'm sure part of that was due to Jay and Cam not being on the best of terms

Cam said it on Drink Champs Jay never blocked them from doing anything. Juelz falling off was his own doing. Him and Wayne was neck and neck as far as "next" one just stopped working.

Even Juelz solo career fizzled out when Jay took his position at Def Jam. What the Game's Been Missing dropped and then he never put out anything else on Def Jam. I'm sure part of that was due to Jay and Cam not being on the best of terms

That's because Dame never went over that with Jay.

and a lot of that Juelz/Def Jam situation was because of his and Cam's problems and also his drug problem

Cam said it on Drink Champs Jay never blocked them from doing anything. Juelz falling off was his own doing. Him and Wayne was neck and neck as far as "next" one just stopped working.

Juelz has a ****** work ethic. He had Skull Gang, but he never had the work ethic or hustle that Cam and Jim had.

Jim helped him get a Skull Gang situation at E1 and he didn't do much with it.

Some dudes get caught up in the industry and are satisfied at being on a certain level.

I didn't see the Drink Champs eps so can't speak on that. But to say Jay didn't block them from doing anything is inaccurate. I've heard them speak on multiple occasions regarding the Izzo record and how that was originally supposed to be for Cam.

Juelz has a ****ty work ethic. He had Skull Gang, but he never had the work ethic or hustle that Cam and Jim had.

Jim helped him get a Skull Gang situation at E1 and he didn't do much with it.

Some dudes get caught up in the industry and are satisfied at being on a certain level.

Let's be real. Skull Gang was trash. At least Jim's Byrd Gang had a few spitters

That's because Dame never went over that with Jay.

and a lot of that Juelz/Def Jam situation was because of his and Cam's problems and also his drug problem

Dame never going over it with Jay first is true, but even if he did goto him first. Jay most likely wouldn't have agreed anyway. Maybe it's a Harlem vs. Brooklyn thing

And Juelz drugs/lean problems didn't really get out of hand till way after What the Game's Been Missing. His career was basically at a standstill during the hardcore drug phase

Elz didn't just stop working either, I think people forget just how active Juelz was around that time & how many mixtapes songs he was dropping around that time. According to many people in Dipset he never stopped recording, his studio got raided & cops legitimately took & held harddrives worth of music.

You got that, regime change at Def Jam & lean sipping & it just put a hault in everything once it coupled up.

Also while we are on this subject i legitimately think i've been to three separate dipset reunion shows :lol:

Back
Top Bottom