Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

really, what material on there do you find to be filler if you can recall by name? which songs are the few that you revisit?

Up North Trip, QU Hectic, Cradle To The Grave, Party Over - Skip

Give Up The Goods, Temps Rising, Drink Away The Pain - I might skip, I might not

IMO the production on the album didn't age that well

Give Up The Goods, Temps Rising, Drink Away The Pain - I might skip, I might not

yeah Up North Trip actually wasn't on the cassette version I had in 1995. it sounded good enough on the CD but I mean I mostly listened to that album on cassette. honestly every song you mention knocks IMO, not gon get too long winded but Give up The Good has gotta have 1 of my fav performances on a Mobb Deep song cause Noyd's verse. Drink Away the Pain is noteworth too cause it's pretty upbeat on a grim sounding album but then so is Trife Life, I think that's always been my fav song off that LP (subject matter isn't upbeat but I mean the soundscape is)

1619490313867.gif

You disappointed me with this post.

For me, the Infamous is the best hip-hop album ever. No skips.

yeah Up North Trip actually wasn't on the cassette version I had in 1995. it sounded good enough on the CD but I mean I mostly listened to that album on cassette. honestly every song you mention knocks IMO, not gon get too long winded but Give up The Good has gotta have 1 of my fav performances on a Mobb Deep song cause Noyd's verse. Drink Away the Pain is noteworth too cause it's pretty upbeat on a grim sounding album but then so is Trife Life, I think that's always been my fav song off that LP (subject matter isn't upbeat but I mean the soundscape is)

Funny you mention cassettes.

It brings me back, because then, you sort of had to just let stuff rock, because it was work to go to the next song.

Back
Top Bottom