Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Pre Soundscan, Billboard called up record stores and literally just asked the managers what was selling that week. Basically a honor system. What could be easier to finesse than that **** :lol::smh:

Hip hop sales went up after Soundscan was introduced :rolleyes

Then they figured out how to manipulate Soundscan, work the mom and pop shops etc.

Early 90s, dropping a single and immediately debuting at top 5 on the charts wasn't really a thing. They figured out you could run up the radio spins and just hold off on putting the song out for sale (can't be eligible for the charts if it's not for sale). Wait til its spinning crazy then drop it for sale and ride up the charts off the combo of spins and sales. Same thing, everybody started debuting on the charts super high after that

I agree, its always been tough to compare current/contemporary success with previous gens but it's because every couple years _'s figure out new ****, then they try to account for it, rinse and repeat lol

RIAA Gold/Platinum is a whole other thing cause they went off albums shipped, as opposed to sold. Which obviously makes it possible to press up and ship a million records and get that platinum plaque without actually selling a million records.

I feel like the new **** just a different side of the same coin. _'s was hot when they killed the bundles, Nicki ranted for like 2 months about that Travis Scott **** :rofl:
I like Travis & Astroworld, but him selling 500k+ 1st week still doesn't sit well w/ me. That was pure trickery. The 270k pure made sense though. I'll give him 320-340k including streams, but 537K? Hell nah. Trick of the light.

idky yatchy be talkin tough in his new songs. he looks like he was sitting at home jackin off all day until 1 night blew up. excellent sneaker collection though. he needs to just be him. don't nobody belief what he's been rapping.

"talentless" sounds kinda ****** up.

Yachty is gonna French Montana his way to being around ten years from now

Yachty nothing special but I respect he has good taste wit beats and features and knowing he himself ain’t gon carry it :lol:

the cutoff shirt headband (we all done cut a shirt sleeve and made a headband) and the beverly hills polo shirt get me everytime
Ol Peewee Longway lookin mother****er :lol:

Them lil dudes make me smile every time :lol:. That video is pure.

“*****, where yo grades at?” :pimp: :lol:

The amount of Quotables in that short video is insane.

Yachty is gonna French Montana his way to being around ten years from now

Yachty nothing special but I respect he has good taste wit beats and features and knowing he himself ain’t gon carry it :lol:

I'm confused how he got on Reese's

Back
Top Bottom