Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

As much as I be on Twitter I’ve never seen that full vid until now. :lol:

I always see people use the clip of lil chubby buddy cussing and stammering.

Bad *** lil kids will always be hilarious to me. Idc. You could tell them dudes are true buddies in that video :lol:. Love to see it :smokin

2A275FF5-0F6E-4209-9C1E-BC4A9C861D53.jpeg

True but it is what it is and with songs these days being 2-2:30 mins long, stream numbers being inflated I try not to think too much about it and just listen to what I like.

Feel like Famous Dex is the first person I noticed consistently making those short *** songs, and even shorter than that

Last edited:

I've been campaigning for a Def Jam 'Fight For ATL' update for maybe 8 years, but so many of these current rappers are too soft, have too much ego, and are too swaggerless to really even do something like this. Wouldn't have interest in a 42 Dugg vs NBA Youngboy fight anyway

When has it not been juiced :lol:

Always been juiced & manipulated of course, it's just seems much easier to do over the past 5 specifically with the growth of streaming.

Two major things tho, they have a HUGE advantage in terms of there not being widespread bootlegging of their material. How many people you know are still getting MP3's & loading there phones/ipads/laptops etc etc

On top of that streaming affords you listens that you would never get just based off playlist, mixes, suggested etc etc... Youtube numbers are now calculated into billboard certifications ? albums being certified gold because of one huge single being on it

I know billboard has been trying to make improvements but when people start comparing new age numbers to even as recent as 5-10 years ago its two completely different games. Drake had the #1, 2 & 3 songs in the country or some ****..... it's been maybe a month & not one of them is above 25. It's easier then ever to manipulate "sales" & accolades

I've been campaigning for a Def Jam 'Fight For ATL' update for maybe 8 years, but so many of these current rappers are too soft, have too much ego, and are too swaggerless to really even do something like this. Wouldn't have interest in a 42 Dugg vs NBA Youngboy fight anyway

They would be better off making a rap RPG or something, both of them ****** are killers

Always been juiced & manipulated of course, it's just seems much easier to do over the past 5 specifically with the growth of streaming.

Two major things tho, they have a HUGE advantage in terms of there not being widespread bootlegging of their material. How many people you know are still getting MP3's & loading there phones/ipads/laptops etc etc

On top of that streaming affords you listens that you would never get just based off playlist, mixes, suggested etc etc... Youtube numbers are now calculated into billboard certifications ? albums being certified gold because of one huge single being on it

I know billboard has been trying to make improvements but when people start comparing new age numbers to even as recent as 5-10 years ago its two completely different games. Drake had the #1, 2 & 3 songs in the country or some ****..... it's been maybe a month & not one of them is above 25. It's easier then ever to manipulate "sales" & accolades

Pre Soundscan, Billboard called up record stores and literally just asked the managers what was selling that week. Basically a honor system. What could be easier to finesse than that **** :lol::smh:

Hip hop sales went up after Soundscan was introduced :rolleyes

Then they figured out how to manipulate Soundscan, work the mom and pop shops etc.

Early 90s, dropping a single and immediately debuting at top 5 on the charts wasn't really a thing. They figured out you could run up the radio spins and just hold off on putting the song out for sale (can't be eligible for the charts if it's not for sale). Wait til its spinning crazy then drop it for sale and ride up the charts off the combo of spins and sales. Same thing, everybody started debuting on the charts super high after that

I agree, its always been tough to compare current/contemporary success with previous gens but it's because every couple years _'s figure out new ****, then they try to account for it, rinse and repeat lol

RIAA Gold/Platinum is a whole other thing cause they went off albums shipped, as opposed to sold. Which obviously makes it possible to press up and ship a million records and get that platinum plaque without actually selling a million records.

I feel like the new **** just a different side of the same coin. _'s was hot when they killed the bundles, Nicki ranted for like 2 months about that Travis Scott **** :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom