Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1617590628618.gif

I was never that big on EW&F besides a couple of songs, so I didn't really want to comment on this battle.

But they're getting washed.
:rofl: Im sitting here wondering who picked they setlist. This wasn’t really even coming in & they not helping themselves

:rofl: Im sitting here wondering who picked they setlist. This wasn’t really even coming in & they not helping themselves

I thought maybe they had something in the tuck I didn't know and wasn't familiar with.

but they had period music, where as The Isley Brothers had music for several generations.

What happened to YG?

Asian folks had his music stripped off streaming services for one lyric in Meet The Flockers.

This whole nonsense they're pushing tryna find some parallel to white racism and make black people the face of asian violence, got black celebs out here apologizing like they feel guilty. _'s need to remember this when you spending money in their stores, giving them a economic base.

I think you need to go in the Young Thug thread, and re-read what the discussion was at the time. “Cold” probably a tough word. But the talk was there for sure. And it was from 16-18.

Thug came out in ‘13, and his debut was 2019. There was a lot of questions then. You weren’t there. And that’s okay. Read and comprehend. Again, in real time...I was saying Thug is fine. Just go in the thread. These were the convos.

Barter 6 was Thug’s debut album but that **** sold so terrible they tried to act like it was a mixtape after the fact. Yeah idk if cold is the right word for Thug around 16-18, I would say more so stagnant. 2018 it looked like Gunna and Baby was about to lap/surpass Thug.... Well, Baby has passed Thug at this point but that’s a testament to how much work Baby been putting in, not really a slight to Thug.

The biggest look Thug has gotten so far was getting J Cole (and Travis Scott to a lesser extent) on a single for So Much Fun. That one song is the only reason why he sold so much his first week. If it wasn’t for The London being on that album, he would have sold 20k first week. So in a way, nothing has really changed for him but peoples perception of him. He has more respect in the game because of who’s popping now and his influence on them, but he literally been moving the exact same way for most of his career.

_'s keep thinking these other groups are your friends.

forreal, i support most groups fighting for their rights but pulling hiphop projects for having offensive lyrics is crazy.

Other cultures Love the music YG makes when it's speaking on black violence, but one mention of Asians & now the product needs to be pulled.

Last edited:
Popularity aside I still don't think Lil Baby or Gunna close to Thug talent wise.

Baby is in a completely different lane than Thug. str8drop str8drop called it then.

I **** w Lil Baby and Gunna but neither of them is as creative as Thug and it’s not even close IMO

Lil Baby is honestly doing something different. I get the comparison sonically but they got 2 different goals to me. Subject matter wise and all that I would put him closer to Lucci lane as far as intent

This is the “difference”, and it’s obvious to those who really got the ear for what they do.

Back
Top Bottom