Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Only on NT is a rapper on the biggest song in the world and still cold :lol:

Super Slimey ain't even sell that well to call it a lifeline and dudes in both the Thug and Future thread wasn't rocking with it like that (personal classic to me)

At this point we going in circles. Thug was the hottest artist on his label until he brought Gunna in the picture, which only helped his situation. So all that is it over for Thug banter was banter

Last edited:
I think you need to go in the Young Thug thread, and re-read what the discussion was at the time. “Cold” probably a tough word. But the talk was there for sure. And it was from 16-18.

Thug came out in ‘13, and his debut was 2019. There was a lot of questions then. You weren’t there. And that’s okay. Read and comprehend. Again, in real time...I was saying Thug is fine. Just go in the thread. These were the convos.
Was Travis Scott cold in 2017?

Was Travis Scott cold in 2017?

No. He was on his way. I’m literally, just telling you what the convo and talk around Young Thug, and his career trajectory was in 2017, pre super Slimey :lol:

73CAFEAD-8D3F-4A98-844D-603B1EA99C06.png

It’s funny, because the term “No Cap” spiked in late 2017. After this:

60BF3CD9-F947-45F1-989E-471161F8987A.png

That one 🤡 around here keeps throwing it around on this page too. There were a lot of questions about Thug and his career trajectory around that time. He apologized to Future, and had his highest selling project at the time, in fact came by way of a scorching hot future.

That’s okay to say he got a boost from Super. I don’t know why you take offense to it. I’m a thug fan. It is what it is.

READ

There was a stretch where Thug wasn’t putting projects out and Lyor was getting heat for it then when the 300 thing ended a lot of people questioned if he’d be able to succeed without him.

I think you need to go in the Young Thug thread, and re-read what the discussion was at the time. “Cold” probably a tough word. But the talk was there for sure. And it was from 16-18.

Thug came out in ‘13, and his debut was 2019. There was a lot of questions then. You weren’t there. And that’s okay. Read and comprehend. Again, in real time...I was saying Thug is fine. Just go in the thread. These were the convos.
Idk what y’all talking about but it was definitely cold for Sex at one point. I’m Up, SS3 and Jeffrey didn’t really elevate him and he was still with the weirdo antics. He didn’t really get it shaking again until he dropped Beautiful Thugger Girls and the tape with Future. Then he finally got it right with So Much Fun. Album still gets play.

No. He was on his way. I’m literally, just telling you what the convo and talk around Young Thug, and his career trajectory was in 2017, pre super Slimey :lol:

73CAFEAD-8D3F-4A98-844D-603B1EA99C06.png

It’s funny, because the term “No Cap” spiked in late 2017. After this:

60BF3CD9-F947-45F1-989E-471161F8987A.png

That one 🤡 around here keeps throwing it around on this page too. There were a lot of questions about Thug and his career trajectory around that time. He apologized to Future, and had his highest selling project at the time, in fact came by way of a scorching hot future.

That’s okay to say he got a boost from Super. I don’t know why you take offense to it. I’m a thug fan. It is what it is.

READ

I'm not it call him "cold", I'll place him w/ Travis in regard to ppl noticing that they were close to missing their expectations. Nayvadius helped him up a ledge, not save the rest of his leg from being chewed a shark. I don't take offense, nor am I a fan. That alone let's me know how much SEX I heard that year. I started off saying Nayvadius gave SEX a boost.

I'm not it call him "cold", I'll place him w/ Travis in regard to ppl noticing that they were close to missing their expectations. Nayvadius helped him up a ledge, not save the rest of his leg from being chewed a shark. I don't take offense, nor am I a fan. That alone let's me know how much SEX I heard that year. I started off saying Nayvadius gave SEX a boost.

Travis sold close to 90k first week on his first two albums. He was marketed (and has always been) extremely well. He has line 2 mixtapes to his names. He been outta here.

Thug, not so much. Again, I’m speaking of marketing and projects/sales vs quality.

Two completely different things. Back to my original point, where you said you disagreed with me saying Future helped thug get some traction, at a time when Thug needed it, and Future didn’t.

Try to keep up.

Travis sold close to 90k first week on his first two albums. He was marketed (and has always been) extremely well. He has line 2 mixtapes to his names. He been outta here.

Thug, not so much. Again, I’m speaking of marketing and projects/sales vs quality.

Two completely different things. Back to my original point, where you said you disagreed with me saying Future helped thug get some traction, at a time when Thug needed it, and Future didn’t.

Try to keep up.
Young didn't need it, but it helped. His free music was selling for more then was in the pervious years. Young was still on a steady incline.

It’s amazing Thug lasted so long without that defining album

His career when left when what was supposed to be I’m assuming HyTunes leaked all throughout 2015-2016

So Much Fun kinda saved him though. But I wonder what his next project gonna sound like. I wanna hear him attempt to make a “lyrical” project with structure and whatnot.

I never said it wasn't a boost, everybody help Thug. But if we goin by numbers and Future selling 140k and 120k and he do an album with him when he's "scorching" and it hit 75k that ain't no lifeline.

Breh SOLO sales went up 3k after the play

We rly gon act like his work with Kanye, Drake, J Cole, Post Malone and that record that went Diamond wasn't as helpful

There was a stretch where Thug wasn’t putting projects out and Lyor was getting heat for it then when the 300 thing ended a lot of people questioned if he’d be able to succeed without him.
You need to re-check that, Thug has dropped a project every year

He didn’t really get it shaking again until he dropped Beautiful Thugger Girls and the tape with Future.

Can't wait for the dust to settle so we can see that this tape is as average as it gets from the two

Another Stan rewriting history

Last edited:
I was never that big on EW&F besides a couple of songs, so I didn't really want to comment on this battle.

But they're getting washed.

Back
Top Bottom