Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

hate to repost this dude but cant believe people still think like this, the internet and social media is way more destructive.

Rap only been around 40 years..... what about all the disrespect that was learned prior to 1980????

Rap only been around 40 years..... what about all the disrespect that was learned prior to 1980????

I get why y’all say rap didn’t invent these things

but Y’all for real don’t think the direction rap has gone post Bad Boy/Death Row has had NO negative effects? :lol:

Even though Whitlock is a big biscuit eater.

I get why y’all say rap didn’t invent these things

but Y’all for real don’t think the direction rap has gone post Bad Boy/Death Row has had NO negative effects? :lol:

Even though Whitlock is a big biscuit eater.

The world was always negative! It’s gone always be that way. My n_, Hitler was trying to commit genocide on a whole people in the 1940s. The world is far more tame than it was now.

negativity ain’t going anywhere

hate to repost this dude but cant believe people still think like this, the internet and social media is way more destructive.

The irony is I bet if I called his fat Tomming *** a ****, all he would say or think is I'm rich, because that's what he values in selling out his people.

The world was always negative! It’s gone always be that way. My n_, Hitler was trying to commit genocide on a whole people in the 1940s. The world is far more tame than it was now.

negativity ain’t going anywhere

it's no one's responsibility other than themselves tho, conservatives try to blame things on rap music, movies and video games for destroying people's minds and morals yet they're on facebook talking about killing elected officials.

so rap music ain’t got nothing AT ALL to do with kids wanting to “smoke on their opps” or be “big steppers”? :lol: Or value “the bag” over everything

🤔

obviously socioeconomic factors come into play also but rap music has NO effect?

so rap music ain’t got nothing AT ALL to do with kids wanting to “smoke on their opps” or be “big steppers”? :lol: Or value “the bag” over everything

🤔

obviously socioeconomic factors come into play also but rap music has NO effect?

As a parent, IF YOU LET MUSIC HAVE MORE CONTROL over your kids than you, you’re the problem. Blame the parents

i think it's dishonest to ignore the affect entertainment has on society
peoples perception of others have absolutely been shaped by the media they consume

for example the Hays Code in Hollywood was designed to do just that. On it's face it was a movie industry regulation but deep down it was enacted to suppress sexuality, and maintain the publics negative perception of black folks and other stereotypes of marginalized people and it worked.

i think it's dishonest to ignore the affect entertainment has on society
peoples perception of others have absolutely been shaped by the media they consume

for example the Hays Code in Hollywood was designed to do just that. On it's face it was a movie industry regulation but deep down it was enacted to suppress sexuality, and maintain the publics negative perception of black folks and other stereotypes of marginalized people and it worked.
Do you think that this is still happening but under a different set of codes?

Kid was trolling for his followers and fame

clout is everything to a lot of people, growing up we all wanted to be like people we idolized there's no doubt about that but nowadays people really just moving for affirmation from others.
dudes will do dirt and tell on themselves cause they're not happy with the come up unless other people know they came up.
not saying that never happened before but speaking on it in your circle or whatever is a lot different than going straight to social media.

do I think rap can be toxic? yes, but is it supposed to motivational? educational? tutorial? it is art after all it's all about how the individual interprets it.

Back
Top Bottom