Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Crazy how this **** so divided lol

All my DC fam stan Gucci, I’ve heard wayyyy too many gogo versions of Gucci songs :lol: Its like _’s exclusively listened to Wop and Gogo

All the Yung Gleesh type _’s said they never even wanted to be rappers until Gucci

But then in VA they said more ppl was rocking w Jeezy

idk man :lol:

my blue fam in Va was fanned out during Jeezy run :lol:

****** ran Peace Up and was yellin C’Z UP, SLOBS GO DOWN at a function

rack of ****** in red like

D99DAACD-8CAC-4C60-B20D-24844E445A9D.jpeg

time period was so much fun lol

Gucci is Gucci because of his legend

Killing someone/Jeezy
Who he's been associated with and welcomed in to the game
His music

Take away any one of those and that's a part of his legend that's gone

The people he's bought in kept his name buzzing during him being inside and during his cold periods musically

if you can't see that 🤷‍♂️
What are we even arguing at this point? Y’all talking like he’s lil pump and people act like they like the music because of the other ****. The other **** add on but his music, work ethic and working with up and coming people got him where he’s at. U take the music and keep the other **** he’s irrelevant.

Like I said WEEEEEEEKS ago.....

Wayne, T.I, Ross, Boosie, Jeezy, Future, that ilk....

GUCCI’S MUSIC IS BOTTOM RUNG. Period. Ya’ll have to stop

Killing someone/Jeezy
His music

The people he's bought in kept his name buzzing during him being inside and during his cold periods musically

I can’t agree with none of this

Me and my peers listening to Wop from Burrprint/Wilt Chamberlain in middle school to WW3/Trap House 3 etc in HS to catching dances to Candy Lady and think I love her at clubs/house parties don’t got nothing to do wit him catching a body or who he signed. The body helped but Wop catalog and longevity between generations is why he Wop

I think y’all scared of Gucci just like most people are. So ya’ll prop him. The n_ is Deebo outchere. Rap Mike Tyson. Music ain’t hitting like y’all deem it to be.

If you went to a party in OAKLAND from 08-2012 it would be a loooooot Gucci playing. Maybe **** was different where you're at but his music was for sure hitting for us. I'm 30 so idk maybe it's an age gap thing.

I think Jeezy won by far fwiw, but Wop's music was/is getting heavy play here.

we gon have to talk about Nayvadius lapping bruh one day too

**** Migos, Thug etc did too :lol:

He pioneered that brand of trap tho. That’s how it’s supposed to happen IMO, somebody lay down the template/foundation and as _’s keep iterating on it, it gets more normalized.

Nobody really thought that type of trap **** could really be mainstream like this back then but it happened

Its like how Zaytoven was polarizing for a lot of people back then, _’s thought the beats were too “weird” and sounded cheap. Now that’s just a part of the trap sound

If you went to a party in OAKLAND from 08-2012 it would be a loooooot Gucci playing. Maybe **** was different where you're at but his music was for sure hitting for us. I'm 30 so idk maybe it's an age gap thing.

I think Jeezy won by far fwiw, but Wop's music was/is getting heavy play here.

05-2011 in Florida was all Jeezy, Boosie, Plies, Ross, Wayne and local acts...

I can’t agree with none of this

Me and my peers listening to Wop from Burrprint/Wilt Chamberlain in middle school to WW3/Trap House 3 etc in HS to catching dances to Candy Lady and think I love her at clubs/house parties don’t got nothing to do wit him catching a body or who he signed. The body helped but Wop catalog and longevity between generations is why he Wop

The music is just good. People that never “got” Gucci, try to make it like musically isn’t good or didn’t really ring off :lol:. Before he got “respect” from the mainstream, he was clowned and his music wasn’t taken as serious by some, and seen as “bad” hip hop.

But the music was good, and It did ring off. And it lasted, far longer than they would’ve thought. His career trajectory is wild. Somehow underground, street, , chitterling circuit, and mainstream at various peaks and valleys.

People enjoy the music. It’s really hard for some to fathom, for some reason. Them Zay keys, and the flows and unique **** he does, just hit.

Crazy how this **** so divided lol

All my DC fam stan Gucci, I’ve heard wayyyy too many gogo versions of Gucci songs :lol: Its like _’s exclusively listened to Wop and Gogo

All the Yung Gleesh type _’s said they never even wanted to be rappers fr, they wanted to be Gogo stars, until Gucci

But then in VA they said more ppl was rocking w Jeezy

idk man :lol:
Not that crazy cuz it’s 2 totally different areas even tho it’s close...DC cats luv Gucci, been that way since like 05/06 n nobody ever really knows what VA dudes on :lol:

Seem like all the diehard Gucci fans in here also **** w Jeezy

But literally only a couple of the Jeezy fans in here ****ing w Gucci :lol:

Swear it’s like a reverse Nas and Jay. Where Jay has this universal appeal, the bulk of his fans seem to also appreciate Nas in some form, but the @nawgthyhare type Nas stans straight up not going :lol: :smh:
I rock with Gucci,I’m just realistic about his standing in the game.Where as some of his fans want to put him on this pedestal he don’t belong on.

Killing someone/Jeezy
His music

Depends where you from...In my city everybody was bumpin Gucci n juice in 06 before he put anybody on or that body was widely known ...Yo just had the bangers in the street

This is all before the social media memes n all that so it was music or nothin

The music is just good. People that never “got” Gucci, try to make it like musically isn’t good or didn’t really ring off :lol:. Before he got “respect” from the mainstream, he was clowned and his music wasn’t taken as serious by some, and seen as “bad” hip hop.

But the music was good, and It did ring off. And it lasted, far longer than they would’ve thought. His career trajectory is wild. Somehow underground, street, , chitterling circuit, and mainstream at various peaks and valleys.

People enjoy the music. It’s really hard for some to fathom, for some reason. Them Zay keys, and the flows and unique **** he does, just hit.

A lot of people used to give me **** for rocking with Gucci at first. My ex HATED him :lol:

Still made her listen to him anytime I was driving :lol:

Back
Top Bottom