Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Im on Twitter, the streets _’s/rappers and younger ppl all saying Gucci won like they expected :lol:

Older heads and seemingly all the athletes saying the exact same, but in reference to Jeezy :lol:

It’s funny how these _’s came out damn near same time, same subject matter but it’s a real gap in there. Like they fanbases don’t have as much of a overlap as you would think they would or should have

20 years of trap music :pimp:

Verzuz played out exactly like i figured

tenor.gif

Jeezy played it correctly, the opposite is react do some dumb **** & watch the same people call you stupid for messing up your situation. Record for record Jeezy **** is too strong and has aged phenomenally

Right. I'm tryna figure out what do _'s want. Ya'll want dudes to keep beef'n for 15-20 years?

What did Jeezy say that wasn't true? Jeezy and Gucci both have made a huge impact and huge influence. The good and the bad. It's a dead body between them. Even fans are attracted to the drama and street element of their beef so we know these young rappers are drawn to it.

Im on Twitter, the streets _’s/rappers and younger ppl all saying Gucci won like they expected :lol:

Older heads and seemingly all the athletes saying the exact same, but in reference to Jeezy :lol:

It’s funny how these _’s came out damn near same time, same subject matter but it’s a real gap in there. Like they fanbases don’t have as much of a overlap as you would think they would or should have

It's amazing anyone can think Gucci won.

They were biased going in.

Right. I'm tryna figure out what do _'s want. Ya'll want dudes to keep beef'n for 15-20 years?

What did Jeezy say that wasn't true? Jeezy and Gucci both have made a huge impact and huge influence. The good and the bad. It's a dead body between them. Even fans are attracted to the drama and street element of their beef so we know these young rappers are drawn to it.

S/O to Gucci to think he could mend things with someone who put a hit out on him...

Couldn’t be me - but hey, they’re bigger men than I am :lol:

Jeezy’s maturity allowed everybody to win last night.

These young cats don’t care about content, lyricism or soul beats. Gucci was a KNOWN junky, looked dusty as hell for a good portion of his career. And had a lot of cheesy a**** beats that aged horrendously.

OF COURSE young cats gone side with him, because their more like Gucci, then Jeezy. Gucci literally just started maturing within the past 5 years.

Jeezy always been consistent. Everyone knew Gucci would win the popular vote. He’s a pop culture icon. But real people with a huge music palette know that Jeezy music is timeless.

Jeezy s**** hit harder, in the whip or club.

Gucci music cheesy AF. I guess that’s why He made that “Mac n cheese” series.

(I still agree with Gucci holding a grudge though. N_ ran in my house and tried to end my life). It’s up. I’m humiliated you and the victim every chance I get.

Anybody thinking Gucci won is flat out lying. :lol:

They hit their "prime" at different stages. Jeezy's was 04-08. People can debate when Gucci prime was but his peak buzz wise was 08-12 and Gucci put on a lot of the young dudes so it's expected his fanbase is younger.

It's amazing anyone can think Gucci won.

They were biased going in.
Jeezy could have won clearly but imo some of his best songs went to waste against songs he's being disrepsectd on. I can't take a hit over a song no matter how good over a song where someone is directly disrespecting you in a verzuz battle. Rap is still conpetitive. Like if Nas went against hov no matter what hov plays he can't beat ether. That's how this became a tie IMO

Honestly

Considering everything and a dead body

We can peace things maybe as far there isn't war when we see each other or I'm not looking for you, but I'm not being on the same song as you, stage, talking to you.

They made a mockery out of someone who's dead. Pop Smoke? Nip? Von? What about his family and friends?

Back
Top Bottom