Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

My boy grimey washed he supposed to prefer Jeezy :lol:

Seem like the older ppl and the east coast ppl all really love Jeezy

I’ve never been a big gucci fan. Out of all similar artist of his era (Plies, Jeezy, TI, Webbie, etc) he was ALWAYS LAST. Even dating back to 2005. My little brother downloaded “Trap House” to his XBox on 2006 so, it was always in the background when we played and his music just wasn’t hitting like other cats

Ironically, Gucci first big Mainstream hit was “Wasted” in 2008 with Plies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya’ll think people be contrarian, just for the sake of being so. No, I been listening to all these cats T.I. since 2001, Gucci and Jeezy since 2005, Plies since 05. I got history

Ironically, Gucci first big Mainstream hit was “Wasted” in 2008 with Plies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya’ll think people be contrarian, just for the sake of being so. No, I been listening to all these cats T.I. since 2001, Gucci and Jeezy since 2005, Plies since 05. I got history

That’s my point :lol:

Jeezy and Plies were the more popular artists back then, so it makes sense

Just like Jeezy was big on the east coast, so they rolling w him by default

Last edited:

1605539360896.png

That’s my point :lol:

Jeezy and Plies were the more popular artists back then, so it makes sense

Just like Jeezy was big on the east coast, so they rolling w him by default

yeah but I’m not solely basing it on popularity. Y’all all know that I’m not a fan of the mainstream or status quo. I’m Strictly talking song making ability and the ability to RAP! Plies and Jeezy are better. Period. They’re better rappers.

We need to break it down to the principals.

Why we talking about plies? He should’ve battled 2chainz instead of Ross. He not in this weight class. Somebody call chief keef or uzi to wash him in a battle or something. He can’t even sit at a table with the TI, Gucci, jeezy etc. Idc how big his love songs was.

Why we talking about plies? He should’ve battled 2chainz instead of Ross. He not in this weight class. Somebody call chief keef or uzi to wash him in a battle or something. He can’t even sit at a table with the TI, Gucci, jeezy etc. Idc how big his love songs was.

sleep on life. Plies got hits on hits from 2006-2018

This gonna be similar to how the Mannie Fresh vs Storch battle where certain pockets are gonna go crazy for some of these Gucci tracks & the majority not gonna know what's going on.

Only difference is Jeezy's music has aged significantly better than a lot of those Storch beats. The issue with Jeezy in a battle is that he has legitimate HITS, like not regional or city hits, WORLDWIDE hits that are actually street records.

The younger crowd ****s with Gucci heavier solely by name & his proximity to thug, Future, Migos etc etc...... they love the Gucci Character more than they know Gucci's music

The younger crowd ****s with Gucci heavier solely by name & his proximity to thug, Future, Migos etc etc...... they love the Gucci Character more than they know Gucci's music

BINGO. That’s why I say He’s clearlyyyy a far bigger cultural icon than jeezy. He’s legitimately stamped. He’s in that snoop dog/Shaq tier where grandmothers know about him. People who don’t even listen to rap love and adore him.

But this is about MUSIC. His music just not as great as people deem. Jeezy better, IMO

I hope Gucci have OJ the juiceman in the building:lol: :lol: :lol:

go into his OJ and French Mac N Cheese bag too

This gonna be similar to how the Mannie Fresh vs Storch battle where certain pockets are gonna go crazy for some of these Gucci tracks & the majority not gonna know what's going on.

Only difference is Jeezy's music has aged significantly better than a lot of those Storch beats. The issue with Jeezy in a battle is that he has legitimate HITS, like not regional or city hits, WORLDWIDE hits that are actually street records.

The younger crowd **** w Gucci cause his template is the foundation of the trap music today

By 2007-08, Gucci and Jeezy were moving in completely different directions, that’s why it’s a weird music match up. Jeezy was obviously getting more mainstream and the trap sound followed what Gucci was doing. Future, Migos etc is Post-Gucci Trap music.

Its not hard to be cool when _’s doing **** you influenced anyway :lol:

It's like how Jim Jones still out here moving seamlessly. A lot of the stuff _'s is doing today is stuff he was already on, years ago, so it's still very familiar to him. He don't look or feel outta place throwing on some high fashion **** or hopping on a track with some of the younger _'s. Meanwhile a lot of the people from his era just look straight washed in 2020

Every major black city got their own favorite Gucci song. ****** used to have whole Gucci mane parties where that’s all they play for 2-3 hours and this was 10 years ago. Y’all gotta stop with the it’s the character not the music thing. The character carried him when he was locked up/was trynna cross over in that by market. Jeezy was the biggest thing in the world back in 10th grade I remember having a snow man tee

Back
Top Bottom