Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

5 ASG's is an eye popping stat. There has to be a reason why he didnt make it over the likes of Kenny Anderson or mookie baylock. Injury perhaps? Dunno, cant recall.

Nah, he was just pretty good like Mitch Richmond

At no point in time was Reggie one of the 20 best players in the league, even though shooting guard was one of the weakest positions.

They could have done it like they do today with front court, by just having it backcourt and had two ones.

That's why it's funny to me, how people will act like it's questionable TMac is a hall of famer, career cut short by injuries and all is almost two times better than Reggie's. He just doesn't have 18 points in 30 seconds against the Knicks.

Like I said previously, seem like the dissenters in these kinda convos, pertaining to certain types of artist/producers, seemingly always have one thing in common :lol:
There from New York lol

You can literally just look at the poster and tell :lol:. I wonder why they have that all in common. Dudes act like admitting they have a regional bias is unforgivable Or something lmao. Just keep it a bean.

“Boosie ain’t a legend!!!!!!!! (Looks at location of poster....hmmm :nerd: :nerd:)

Meanwhile, all the other of us are from literally...every other region and recognize a Boosie or Ross legend status. Dudes on NT be acting like gatekeepers over who we, as a consensus give REAL appreciation too.

Boosie may not be your entire cup of tea. But deny that man status in hip hop....is od wrong. Legend :pimp:

****in Christian Laettner has a gold medal. :lol:

If Reggie did that same 18 points against Miami, Charlotte or Atlanta, nobody would have given a ****. But it was Spike Lee, The Garden and the Knicks.

Mutha****a only scored above 20 points a season like three or four times.

Andrew sorry *** Wiggins does that.

What leader of a team is overhyped scoring 21 points a game?

Laettner was a token. Considering how much of a threat he was from outside, when and how he scored set him apart from his peers.

You can literally just look at the poster and tell :lol:. I wonder why they have that all in common. Dudes act like admitting they have a regional bias is unforgivable Or something lmao. Just keep it a bean.

“Boosie ain’t a legend!!!!!!!! (Looks at location of poster....hmmm :nerd: :nerd:)

Meanwhile, all the other of us are from literally...every other region and recognize a Boosie or Ross legend status. Dudes on NT be acting like gatekeepers over who we, as a consensus give REAL appreciation too.

Boosie may not be your entire cup of tea. But deny that man status in hip hop....is od wrong. Legend :pimp:

Nobody is saying

Biggie, Pac, Jay, Boosie....

c7011a170a4b55b81870ad49e32b4f7f.gif

I hate cam, never been a fan..... but that ***** a legend thru and thru. That ***** made grown gangsters wear pink all across the WORLD. When we talk about hip hop, especially street rap u gotta mention that era/movement. But I mean while we here, I know NTNY gonna hate another southern legend
F82B8D7C-603E-4B27-A71E-76F1E13B245F.gif

I hate cam, never been a fan..... but that ***** a legend thru and thru. That ***** made grown gangsters wear pink all across the WORLD. But I mean while we here, I know NTNY gonna hate another southern legend

Gucci Mane and Cam'ron are both legends. Not because of the music

Strictly off influence and the ****** they put on

They act like Jerry Rice ain’t finish his career with the Seahawks. Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals.... Shaq with Phoenix or Olajuwon with Toronto’s. Legends peak and fall ALLLLLLL the time

Boosie and Ross were never as good as Olajuwon and Shaq

Boosie is a Louisiana legend. I can’t speak on an industry level. Maybe the Boosie Fade is a legend. :lol:

That’s why I said Ross is a Florida legend but he sure not a rap legend, industry wide.

#regionallegends

Last edited:
So what exactly is the window of time that a rapper puts out high level, quality music that constitutes legendary status?

how many high quality albums/classics (this includes major contributions on group albums as well) is necessary to meet the bar?

some would say rakim but he aint done s*** the last 15-20 years. Some would say DMX but he had ONE great year. (Save me your bulls**t, its the truth)

so again, how long does the run need to be OR how many solid (4/5) to classic efforts are needed before theyre locked in?

Is a regional “Legend” really considered a Legend in the big scheme of things?

Nah bro had a wave out West (especially Oakland/the bay), all through the Midwest (he was damn near the mayor of cities like Tulsa, Milwaukee, St. Louis, etc), the East Coast up until like Delaware area (DC, Baltimore, Carolinas etc) and obviously all through the South. His wave didn't really hit the North/Tri-state area tho

That's "regional" but not really regional

Nah bro had a wave out West (especially Oakland/the bay), all through the Midwest (he was damn near the mayor of cities like Tulsa, Milwaukee, St. Louis, etc), the East Coast up until like Delaware area (DC, Baltimore, Carolinas etc) and obviously all through the South. His wave didn't really hit the North/Tri-state area tho

That's "regional" but not really regional

#hoodlegend #peoplechamp

I hate cam, never been a fan..... but that ***** a legend thru and thru. That ***** made grown gangsters wear pink all across the WORLD. When we talk about hip hop, especially street rap u gotta mention that era/movement. But I mean while we here, I know NTNY gonna hate another southern legend

Gucci every GIF on GIFER - by Taukazahn

Back
Top Bottom