Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

lmaoo at the rap game slowly discovering all the carolina *****s y'all told me were ***

:emoji_hand_splayed: Got no problem taking my L and admitting I was wrong. I thought da baby was a trash ***** using antics trying too hard but after he caught a body he the biggest artist of the year easily.

i mean, from the artists perspective I can understand.
your work is personal and sentimental and it might not always feel good to see it reworked, especially comedically. I thought the OT thing was good for a laugh but it's not mine so there is no personal, emotional connection to it. It doesn't have to automatically be accepted because someone came along and made it popular again

I feel like you can’t let your emotions mess up your money. It’s the meme generation and her fan base is going to stream the song regardless but she missed some new streams.

Yeah I was shocked when I saw her reaction.

- That means more money for her

- Those records are classics, women gonna sing those songs forever. It's not taking anything away from the record.

I need an MP3 version of that song.

Regardless of how she personally feels about the song...ya'll crazy if ya'll think she's the one that had that song removed from YouTube. She don't own that music.

Let one of ya'll go do the same thing right now...and upload it to YouTube. It could have 7 views...and if it caught you will be getting a DMCA notice along with a removal. It's all paperwork...not sentimental. This happens ALL the time

Regardless of the circumstances I would never criticize someone for not wanting something they worked hard on and created to be ****ed with, especially if it comes off in comical manner. Might not agree but I get it

well put. And everything ain’t about a “dollar” some people can’t be bought. I respect her opinion because, it is HER song.
Again, it’s one of those contradictions of this generation. They hate the old stuff, they hate the past..... but want to remake all the old stuff? Laughable

Happy Friday my *****s. Mood @2:05 to2:20 mark :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I don’t even be wanting to sound disrespectful, but bankroll ain’t ever get a DNA test??? It ain’t got nothing to do with complexion. S**** been puzzling me for YEARS. :lol: I be like dang, PJ don’t look nothing like Fresh. His mom must have some strong genes

RIP Fresh though

I remember when J. Cole addressed sampling at the end of FHD. He feels like once someone puts their music out in the world, they should love the fact that they're inspiring people, and they shouldn't be able to deny the sample.

I'm not so sure about completely rejecting something outright, but if an artist/musician creates something then some time later another artist/musician puts their spin on it, I have no issue with the former voicing their displeasure with it. I could even understand it depending on the reasoning (they might simply think the new one sucks or not be a fan of the musician/artist who made it)

Back
Top Bottom