Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Aight so, without us goin any further down this “peak wayne” rabbit hole (pause), bc thats been done hear time and time again, imma leave it @ this...

wayne heights were higher than push’s but push sustained his level longer.

will leave it up to whoever to decide which of those they value more...
well if wayne spaced out his material like push
he could have sustained it longer
so i dont even think thats a fair assessment

Wayne voice began to change (from what it was in 05-07) around 08 and then when he came back from Rikers it changed completely from what it even was in 08. So no matter what he actually said, the delivery was off. That + him talking about nothing but *****, drugs and skateboarding for a solid 2-3 years = it was a good run

1576810589663.gif

no, he didn’t.

and for as nice as he was/is, wayne heights >>>>>>...

n_’s dont really realize bruh. When wayne was WAYNE, his trajectory was quite possibly the sharpest incline ever in rap. If it was maintained longer and more substance was in his music, minus the drugs, wayne woulda legitimately cracked alotta top 5 lists.

wayne @ a certain point, really was somethin special. N_ couldnt miss.

stylewise things began to “click” for wayne. The confidence was through the roof, his charisma was up and his voice started to work for him instead of against him like it did prior.

i kno yall finna hate on this post but no bulls***, aint NEVER been NO other rapper that entered a zone comparable to waynes from like 04-07. NONE. He skated pass ALOTTA legends during that window. Problem is it was short lived and he regressed...

My thing is always if this dude was ever this all-time great untouchable rapper how do you fall off so hard? :lol:

You dont. He was never that great. "Peak Wayne" and "fall off Wayne" really ain't THAT different. His delivery fell off but his lyrics, the silly metaphors was always there. That's always been his style. Y'all just got tired of it. He started recycling the same bars and it got old. A lot of "peak Wayne" material didn't age well because he was recycling bars.

Pac, Nas, Jay, X, Big off top all hit peaks that was better than his. "Peak Wayne" has turned into the most overated rapper ever.

If Wayne was saying this same silly **** he saying now back in 06-08 y’all would’ve been ohhhhing and ahhhhing :wow:. Bruh u didn’t hear him, he said I got a eagle like mcnabb, get it? It literally just got old like every other rapper with that punchline style but with him he got weird and started thinking he was a rockstar. He started chasing white fans after lollipop. Me personally prefer sqad Wayne-C1

goat wu tang member
yes
Of course, but i can't think any rapper that has touched ghost 96-06 run. The official Bulletproof Wallets was a bit of dub, but I listen to the bootleg version so in my head there's no cracks in his shield. You know what? Ghostface is the goat.

If Wayne was saying this same silly **** he saying now back in 06-08 y’all would’ve been ohhhhing and ahhhhing :wow:. Bruh u didn’t hear him, he said I got a eagle like mcnabb, get it? It literally just got old like every other rapper with that punchline style but with him he got weird and started thinking he was a rockstar. He started chasing white fans after lollipop. Me personally prefer sqad Wayne-C1

I wish Juelz Santana had called himself the greatest rapper alive, just to see if everybody would've drank the same kool-aid and shot him into stardom

You’re wrong. Hov said “mixtape weezy” in DOA at that specific time for a reason.

02-07 Wayne is up there. Period. Squad to Carter 2/Drought 3. There’s a clear difference.

So cuz Hov said it it's the truth?

He was feeding y'all little to no substance. He just made it sound good and catchy. He was very talented but he was never a goat level rapper.

I wish Juelz Santana had called himself the greatest rapper alive, just to see if everybody would've drank the same kool-aid and shot him into stardom

That's another thing, Santana and Wayne wasn't that far from each other in 04-06. That's why they mixed so well. :lol: l

Back
Top Bottom