Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Paraded around 69, Cardi B, and whatever else trash.

Ain’t embrace ASAP, Dave East, or Joey Badass :lol: :lol: :rofl:

even worse is that fontane dude, Cardi B ghostwriter. Whole city in flux

Shmurda trash too. He was trash then, and trash now. Y’all even had the NERVE to pump Desiigner :lol: :lol:.

Gotham Sh*tty

Oh..... NOW WE SUPPORTING NEEK BUCKS????? He’s the best out of NYC right now. And y’all don’t support him either.

son is the goods

I thought it was common knowledge that crack and cocaine were both social drugs, just at two completely different price points.

Crack definitely didn't have nearly the stigma it has not back then, and people used it a lot more casually. The way it's looked at has evolved a ton since the 80s. When it first hit the scene, it was a party drug.

When didn't it have a stigma? In 1986?

Info on "everybody else" ?

I knew ya would have a titty attack

Don't say nice things about anything NYC! We don't like that!

Don't you guys have your own thread!

Y'all remind me of the girl who thinks she's fire only because she has a fat butt

Faux elitist attitudes when it comes to rap for absolutely NO REASON
No shade at all, but all major cities got that going on right now. U ride around my city, everybody blasting local rappers and it’s a dozen plus of em bubbling and a few got on. I’m happy ny got some **** going on finally. Y’all went thru a identity crisis for a minute.

I still don’t understand...why anyone...is using R. Kelly to die on this hill with. Hell...use Bill Cosby or someone. But using Kellz to play the “Dey treatin da black men wrong” card is nasty.

Even Bill isn't the best hill either

No shade at all, but all major cities got that going on right now. U ride around my city, everybody blasting local rappers and it’s a dozen plus of em bubbling and a few got on. I’m happy ny got some **** going on finally. Y’all went thru a identity crisis for a minute.

NYC has ALWAYS blasted local rappers man, people in the city still listen to & want artist who remind them of the city. The radio doesn't really get behind it much and that is understandable because the radio doesn't care what the clubs & "streets" are listening too, they want what's popular to the regular 9-5 person.

NYC is one of the most mixed places in the world & one of the biggest tourist spots in the world, so radio definitely tries to focus more on a global sound as opposed to a smaller market that tries to bring up the up & coming artist.

Griselda been grinding & getting spins for 4-5 years now, same with the NYC drill, Same with Highbridge, A$AP and tons of more underground cats who have built solid and loyal fanbases

Smoke Dza, Flatbush zombies, Bodega Bamz etc etc, The city ****s with them all. But whe your in a city as crowded as this one it's extremely difficult for one artist to capture the entire city at one time.

Sauce Walka gabbich man. Maxo wayyyyyyyyyy better. I would never drive, windows down, jamming his music. Man sucks.

maxo >>>>>>>

Been avoiding listening to that Maxo "Brandon Banks" album but every time a song comes on during my Library shuffle I'm always really enjoying dude. He's def better than Sauce, but Sauce held his on on that "Brazy Crazy". I'd take album with the both of em no questions

Speaking of, my _ Messy Marv is FRIED **** sad as hell man, less than 10 years ago bro was balling out now he look like a straight up J skinny as hell :smh: bro a bay legend for me

It’s weird tho cause he just dropped some bangers w Mozzy last year :lol: musically he lowkey kinda back despite this ****

Last edited:
Do any of you watch Snowfall?

What was social about crack?

Bro they even allude to it on Snowfall, many of those people started getting hooked at a young age after getting introduced at parties & while drinking. **** was viewed as a party drug until people saw the outcome of addiction.

Pills are literally heroin & people routinely pop them in a party atmosphere

Back
Top Bottom