Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Them young ny n_’s aint doin s*** but bitin atl & The chi dependin on what their vibe is.

Till they develop their own sound, who gives af?
Wrong. I could wholeheartedly agree with this about 4 years ago but now that's not the case

It's comical how y'all have this "sound" argument when it comes to NYC artist but don't make those same proclamations with any artist from anywhere else

Just pure laziness

Wrong. I could wholeheartedly agree with this about 4 years ago but now that's not the case

It's comical how y'all have this "sound" argument when it comes to NYC artist but don't make those same proclamations with any artist from anywhere else

Just pure laziness

Someone made the argument that the internet and social media caused this.

Pre web era, people didn’t know other cities/state lingos, sound, and fashion. You had to wait for the video or song on the radio. Unless you’re going to a concert to see it. You really didn’t have the accessibility that we have now and it’s at real time.

so the same slang and sound is being used everywhere - so it seems that people are copying when in actuality we’re all sync as one.

but my argument with that is - originality - that what stands you out from everyone else. We need more of that.

Just pure laziness

CAUSE YA’LL THE ONLY ONES BITING!!!!

California/Bay area has a sound, Chicago has a sound, Detroit has a sound, The South has a sound (Louisiana, Texas, Florida, the Carolinas and Atlanta) have distinguished sounds....

New York is blatantly biting the South :rofl:

I can still pinpoint where artists are from. There’s still regional lingo and social activity that can be distinguished

:pimp: i fw it

1576229204101.png

:rofl: @ that Stevie Ray gif knowing all the ****ery WCW had going on at the time
That’s the herpes dude right???

New Yorkers full of excuses. Defending these trash rappers more than y’all defend that turf of y’all’s, that’s being gentrified.

Mfers typing with NO elbow room. Shut up

Last edited:
A REAL NYC resurgence is literally happening before our eyes and the haters don't even realize it. No young absolute surefire commercial superstar YET but a plethora of young street rappers who know how to make bangers.

Haven't heard so many young underground rappers being bumped out of cars and at functions in a looooong time.

When the summer comes it's gonna be even more prevalent let alone when GS9 and Max B come home.

Stay woke.
So basically NY catching up with everybody else?

madd people smoked crack back then. It didn't have the stigma attached to it back then as it does today.

Shout out to Joey. At least he's keeping it on brand. :smokin :lol:

Plus he used "we" in a loose, general way. He could've been referring to his generation's use of crack. He didn't necessarily say "I, Fat Joe, used to smoke crack when I was younger"

But but I thought the older heads was dealers not users

So basically NY catching up with everybody else?
Info on "everybody else" ?

I knew ya would have a titty attack

Don't say nice things about anything NYC! We don't like that!

Don't you guys have your own thread!

Y'all remind me of the girl who thinks she's fire only because she has a fat butt

Faux elitist attitudes when it comes to rap for absolutely NO REASON

That boy Walka got the dynasty intro cleared :lol: :smokin

Info on "everybody else" ?

I knew ya would have a titty attack

Don't say nice things about anything NYC! We don't like that!

Don't you guys have your own thread!

Y'all remind me of the girl who thinks she's fire only because she has a fat butt

Faux elitist attitudes when it comes to rap for absolutely NO REASON

The irony

This NYC discussion is pointless in here man :lol: , some of these ****** got triggers from there early years, came up here to visit their cousins in the city... with some Reebok pumps or some ****, got clowned back into the house & ain't been the same since

city is firing on all cylinders

Legends still putting out great material - Check
Young Cats sticking to a traditional NYC sound- Check
Young Cats killing with the melodies - Check
Smash hit records - Check
Killing underground & festivals - Check

In a great place & only gonna get better with MAX & GS9 coming home soon :pimp:

I thought it was common knowledge that crack and cocaine were both social drugs, just at two completely different price points.

Crack definitely didn't have nearly the stigma it has not back then, and people used it a lot more casually. The way it's looked at has evolved a ton since the 80s. When it first hit the scene, it was a party drug.

This NYC discussion is pointless in here man :lol: , some of these *****s got triggers from there early years, came up here to visit their cousins in the city... with some Reebok pumps or some ****, got clowned back into the house & ain't been the same since

city is firing on all cylinders

Legends still putting out great material - Check
Young Cats sticking to a traditional NYC sound- Check
Young Cats killing with the melodies - Check
Smash hit records - Check
Killing underground & festivals - Check

In a great place & only gonna get better with MAX & GS9 coming home soon :pimp:
When ur whole reliance is on gs9 coming home
U know ur done

Back
Top Bottom