Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Stupid topic, no one was calling him a legend or anyone a legend then cause Rap was so young. He was huge in NY though, you don't call people legends until they've been in the game for 10-15 years or passed.

I skipped through this French Montana song, he's absolute dog **** now. His music has zero effort. How the **** you got TWO Three 6 Mafia samples on one album, like come on. No effort. Get this guy the **** out of here.

Nah, some people were called legends

Rakim was called a legend. Run DMC.

Biggie only released one album while alive. It's not even worth a discussion. And he shouldn't have been brought in to his Nipsey comments.

Yeah that’s true, Run DMC and Rakim, probably KRS 1 too. Those were the first I remember hearing called legends. They kinda started it and were the pioneers.

Nip was definitely not considered a legend until he died. I know mad people listening to Nipsey now that had no clue who he was before he died.

Fat Joe album is cool, nothing amazing but it's gotta few joints. Some of the samples are dope, production is cool on some. I really wish Fat Joe would stop with the Wayne features, WE ALL REAL GOOD OFF THAT. Wayne really gotta go, ship him off somewhere and don't let him return. "Nappy headed white girl" go take a lap. Eminem said some dope **** but his flow is so ****in awful, didn't need his verse either.

This. Some of those first few beats are pretty meh. And Dre still sucks as a rapper. Should’ve just been a part 2 Joe/Remy album or a Joe solo. I’ll give Em some credit for not jamming a bunch of unnecessary syllables into his verse, but it was still a far cry from peak Em. There’s a couple good songs towards the end.

Waiting on that NPR joint
Screenshot_2019-12-06-09-24-23-498_com.spotify.music.jpg

Lol @ jeezy being #4 that surprised me
Screenshot_2019-12-06-09-24-36-899_com.spotify.music.jpg

Edit: damn screenshot ****** up. Jeezy #4 and Madlib #5

Imma be honest tho, nipsey wasn’t considered a legend until he caught them hot ones.

lots of fickle people use to hate on this man. A lot of people only knew him as Lauren London’s BD. My mom ain’t eem know the man made music.

I’m a realist and big fan of his but, 75% of the people who came out the woodwork to show love never played that man music. It’s sad but, that’s how fake this society is.

Imma be honest tho, nipsey wasn’t considered a legend until he caught them hot ones.
Smoking dope. Y’all don’t understand how heavy Nip was out west. I get it bc we on the internet so if he wasn’t jumping on the internet then it ain’t happen. But believe me, Nip was the top name in LA for years.

Smoking dope. Y’all don’t understand how heavy Nip was out west. I get it bc we on the internet so if he wasn’t jumping on the internet then it ain’t happen. But believe me, Nip was the top name in LA for years.
Twista been a top name in Chicago for 3 decades...even got a little mainstream love for a short period.

Ain't no one outside of Chicago finna call that man a legend.

Nip was a LA legend before his passing.
His legend status goes beyond the music.
From the success of Marathon clothing, to owning the strip mall, to his other entrepreneurial endeavors, and philanthropy.
If you're just basing it off the music, I can see how one might feel that way.
Regardless, it's **** Wack100 tho.

If somebody don't consider Nip a legend I don't give a ****. That's them. I know what his music meant for me since I first heard this.

Is what it is. Nip wasn't a mainstream rapper so I don't expect everybody to look at him as a Pac or Big. He was a underground independent rapper that had aspirations to be more than just a superstar hip hop artist. Which is why his content stuck with me so heavy. Even the people that jumped on bandwagon after he passed, I ain't mad at 'em. If you missed his message or wasn't up on his music but now you find a connection to it and you understand what he was doing in his community, cool.

Back
Top Bottom