Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Sambo for real :smh:

This ***** Jay is Rico and Uncle Ruckus mixed in to one.

f142d684-9bd0-48b7-ab7a-b4616c97f5f3.png

C3F81802-7C87-49FD-8041-7158D2F70A55.png

Jay goin through it right now :lol:

If he do a press release :smh:

Regardless of what social media outlet you look at there’s just as many people defending him as there is talking ****. Eric Reid and kaeps girl are the ones getting murdered on every avenue.

I don't even know why Eric Reid getting any attention on the matter. He still playing and wasn't the one who was blackballed

So you think these old white owners and Goodell got together and decided Jermaine Dupri would turn things around? A person who has not been relevant for how long until he started trashing female rappers recently? He hasn't even produced a single in a decade.
This is a multi-billion dollar business and the people making these decisions aren't just gonna pick a random rapper to be the face of one of its most glaring issues just because he's black and affordable, Jermaine Dupri has absolutely no outreach/marketability at this point in his career. If you have common business sense it's not that hard to put together. You know how many more relevant people they could've got if they were going to go the "cost cutting" route regardless? Not that going cheap in an area that is a glaring issue makes sense either.
You just said dude is a close friend of JD's, JD has been noticeably trying to get his name out there again this past month or two, you can put it together from there.

:rofl: at the reaching here.

Jermaine Dupri (as would Diddy, Kanye, the youngest/newest I could see them going is Drake or DJ Khaled) makes perfect sense as a choice for "PERFORMANCE CURATION" which is all Hov is doing here. Them good ol boys ain't "that" tapped in and they don't need to be because they not trying to make a compilation album. They need someone who knows urban music but at the same time ain't exactly in that Future/Thug lane and gonna have that **** be on some Magic City lineup **** and won't scare white folks.

It makes perfect sense that they were tryna find people to change their halftime show culture and Jay told JD nah we not ******* with them only for his tune to change when he gets a piece of the Giants/Jets/Bills as apart of the proposed deal.

Now he takes the same deal but with the extra "social justice actionable item we're past kneeling" glaze :lol:.

Rico Sharpton :lol:

Last edited:
Why would Bryan Michael Cox make that up? He’s a well respected writer and producer, he’s close friends with JD.

NFL reaching out to him isn’t shocking. They needed a black face on board to sell their whole not racist pitch and JD was cheaper than Jay.

:rofl: at the reaching here.

Jermaine Dupri (as would Diddy, Kanye, the youngest/newest I could see them going is Drake or DJ Khaled) makes perfect sense as a choice for "PERFORMANCE CURATION" which is all Hov is doing here. Them good ol boys ain't "that" tapped in and they don't need to be because they not trying to make a compilation album. They need someone who knows urban music but at the same time ain't exactly in that Future/Thug lane and gonna have that **** be on some Magic City lineup **** and won't scare white folks.

It makes perfect sense that they were tryna find people to change their halftime show culture and Jay told JD nah we not ****ing with them only for his tune to change when he gets a piece of the Giants/Jets/Bills as apart of the proposed deal.

Now he takes the same deal but with the extra "social justice actionable item we're past kneeling" glaze :lol:.

Rico Sharpton :lol:

I think he misspoke and was actually talking about JD performing in the Super Bowl like Big Boi and Travis Scott.

But hey, that makes sense and doesn't fit the group thinks narrative

Nah :lol:

He didn't say that in the song. And y'all gotta stop picking and choosing when to use the " he was looking for attention " excuse.

You do realize Tupac didn't like the Westside Connection **** and thought Ice Cube was trying to piggy back off his Biggie feud.

You would know this if you weren't five years old at the time Rory.

JD performing? Yeah that I can't see, ***** gon bring out Bow Wizzle to do Bounce Wit Me and Let Me Hold You, then Usher and Franchize Boyz :lol:

lmaoooo

C3F81802-7C87-49FD-8041-7158D2F70A55.png

Jay goin through it right now :lol:

If he do a press release :smh:

You think he's checking twitter to check the thoughts of people online?

I really wish black people would be as passionate about black issues as they are tearing down other black people. This **** is a joke. If the same people tearing down Jay had the same actual passion against police brutality.

You think he's checking twitter to check the thoughts of people online?

Naw I feel like folks that know him probably telling him ****** acting goofy on the net though.

Somebody as smart as Jay def tuned in to what people saying about him either directly or indirectly IMO

You do realize Tupac didn't like the Westside Connection **** and thought Ice Cube was trying to piggy back off his Biggie feud.

You would know this if you weren't five years old at the time Rory.

Yeah I know that. Pac was saying a lot of **** at that time, don't mean everything was facts. C'mon Michael Rappaport.

I know this is random but I used to love Kid and Play when I was super young. What's yall thoughts about their legacy in Hip Hop? I mean outside the House Party movies. Dudes even had a cartoon lol

Back
Top Bottom