All you suckas want to dis the pacific
But you buster n***** never get specific
Used to love her mad cause we f***** her
p**** whipped b**** with no Common Sense
Hip Hop started in the west
Ice Cube bailin' through the east without a vest

Pissed off Cube >>>>

giphy.gif

Common went in but he was moonwalkin a lil bit. He knew he was dissing the west in I Used To Love Her.

I never heard it as a diss but I can definitely see why Cube and others took it that way.

IMO one of the most underrated and overlooked MCs of all time....

Pos is so ill, he’s probably in my personal top 15 mcs. Also I hope De La Soul can get the proper rights from Tommy Boy and get their early music on the digital platforms, it’s a shame it’s not readily available.

All you suckas want to dis the pacific
But you buster n***** never get specific
Used to love her mad cause we f***** her
p**** whipped b**** with no Common Sense
Hip Hop started in the west
Ice Cube bailin' through the east without a vest

Pissed off Cube >>>>

He murdered Ice Cube and summarized his whole career

I never heard it as a diss but I can definitely see why Cube and others took it that way.

Pos is so ill, he’s probably in my personal top 15 mcs. Also I hope De La Soul can get the proper rights from Tommy Boy and get their early music on the digital platforms, it’s a shame it’s not readily available.

He was basically saying they was abusing hip hop. No other way to take it. I get what Common was saying cuz gangsta rap was very over the top but that was on both coast.

He was basically saying they was abusing hip hop. No other way to take it. I get what Common was saying cuz gangsta rap was very over the top but that was on both coast.

Nah, he was talking about the countless west coast copycats rappers who weren't original. NWA/Ice Cube wouldn't have been included in that.

That wasn't a diss to Ice Cube or to the west, but Cube was looking for marketing gimmicks at the time to propel his dying career. Snoop or nobody else got upset over it.

Tupac even realized that ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom