Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Two Wigss always came off as fake and an actor to me. When he came out, he just imitated other popular rappers at the time. I never believed him.

I've also heard from someone in the industry that he has writers and NT's own Ryan Leslie @marmourjr who is plugged in as well said he got writers. It cracks me up when people say Wayne and Two Wigss just happened to get better at rapping and lyrically after 3-4 albums in there career. Yeah, they got better cause they rapping someone else's rhymes.

Y'all remember when he was Zero Wigss? Hahahahaha, straight gump. Different flow, voice and everything. He was playing a different role in this movie. Explain this ******** @numbah1grimey wavycrocket wavycrocket

This was cool though

Wayne was 17 when he dropped Tha Block is Hot and 21 when Tha Carter dropped. Is it really impossible that maybe he got better as an adult :lol:

When I listen to Rick Ross rap I quickly become disinterested.

Call it bias if you want.

Spare me the quoting of lyrics when it sound like son lifted that concept from somebody else. Immortal Technique or Canibus.

Like I said I know somebody else killed this.

Immortal Technique and Canibus rapping bout kissing they ****** coming home from prison?

:rofl:

95998d6a-07fb-46b4-8033-2b0c9dbbacf8-png.2389533

Wayne was 17 when he dropped Tha Block is Hot and 21 when Tha Carter dropped. Is it really impossible that maybe he got better as an adult :lol:

His whole content and lyrics had changed drastically and he was caught with writers and wearing other peoples clothes and chains.........should I go on?

Ross can definitely rap on a technical level and I feel like *****s perception of his image/act/character gets in the way of that.

:smh:

These lines are wild. So true and timely with Nip, X, etc. **** make you think.

I just seen Jimmy Iovine chilling on LeBron lil barbershop show saying "he don't know about reparations" :smh: :lol: ***** built his whole empire off the blood of that East Coast West Coast ****.

His whole content and lyrics had changed drastically and he was caught with writers and wearing other peoples clothes and chains.........should I go on?
I remember Gillie claiming he wrote Tha Carter and some other stuff but then if I’m not mistaken he went back and said he didn’t write it but influenced it or made suggestions or something to that extent. I wasn’t aware that a millionaire needed to wear other peoples clothes nor do I know what that has to do with rapping and being lyrical. I won’t stir the the pot though, I legit just wanted to know if you thought it’d be possible for an artist to get better as they got older, especially who started out as a kid.

I definitely remember reading Gillie gave him pointers and **** moreso than straight up writing.

To be fair though you can barely tell who's who on the verses here. The fact that this track even exists kinda says that they were working together at some point.

Wayne dropped too much music from 05-07 to have a writer (even though I guess Spitta and Drake were around) but IDK. And he had a lot more hot **** to drop after this when he's dissing Gill.

Would love to hear "RIGHT!" Gillie speak on this now :lol:

I remember Gillie claiming he wrote Tha Carter and some other stuff but then if I’m not mistaken he went back and said he didn’t write it but influenced it or made suggestions or something to that extent. I wasn’t aware that a millionaire needed to wear other peoples clothes nor do I know what that has to do with rapping and being lyrical. I won’t stir the the pot though, I legit just wanted to know if you thought it’d be possible for an artist to get better as they got older, especially who started out as a kid.

Of course you can get better.

Wayne’s flows, content and styles was the same from True Story up until 500 Degreez. Then hangs with Major Figgas and his flow, content and style is dramatically different. That ain’t growth, that’s substitution.

Back
Top Bottom