Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Gonna check that out on my way home.

I was always one who thought Bloods and Crips on the East Coast was weird. Cats dying over banging Piru and never left NYC. Interested in learning a new perspective, but the thought is still wild to me.

It was weird to me at first and still is a little weird. But it's a different generation. They just turned neighborhood gangs in to something under a LA or Chicago name. I look at it as having a brand name to your local gang. Like if you have a rec league basketball team you are more likely to name it the Lakers or Bulls than another name.

Some are official and some aren't

Jersey has more ties to actual gangs in the west, because of how they actually started.

It was also weird seeing them in Philly and DC. They used to run gangs out. You'll see a clip of Gillie on YouTube saying how they don't do that there and clowning dude who was a blood. But like I said different generation. The internet makes everywhere your neighborhood. Nothing is regional anymore. Slang, music, dress, gangs...

I’m not taking NO gangs serious in 2019. I understand the point of gang culture (broken homes, no family structure, in need of love, male figures etc.)

But that **** is a JOKE. The whole concepts of streets is a joke nowadays when mfers can go on YouTube or google images, to learn gang signage and whatnot, and fake it. Ain’t no streets, especially showing all your illicit activities for the world to see.

Jokes

Snoop with his thoughts on Pac/Snoop
B0886BAD-A415-433D-A4C5-EEA16ED97EAD.png

Snoop has satirized himself so much that a lot of people don't realize how big Snoop was from Deep Cover to 94...95ish.

Snoop was a lot bigger than Pac.

The only person I've seen like that is 50.

Snoop with his thoughts on Pac/Snoop
B0886BAD-A415-433D-A4C5-EEA16ED97EAD.png
This super dope

Y’all think pac would still be making albums consistently like jay does if he was still alive?

Or would he be like a peace advocate and run some charities or speak at conferences for police brutality and stuff ?

4 tracks in this chance.....wow this is terrible :sick:

“Side *****s can’t dance like this”
tenor.gif

Yeah.....as a Chance fan I can honestly say it didn't feel like he made this album for us. This project felt like it was meant for his wife and daughter's ears only. It's basically his wedding playlist. Calling this your debut album is a miss (imo)

Coloring Book > this

(That track with Meg is kinda hard though)

since we are on the topic of gang violence, this is a really good interview & description of how deep the east coast blood (UBN) started and then began to spread to the south. There's always this argument about how there can't be real bloods not from the west.... this dude let's alot be known how that whole situation got started.

“So you just took the name?”
“No we didn’t take the name, what had happened was OG Mack was affiliated out west... OG Mack was the founder of the NY Bloods... but see out west they just Blood, they don’t have no acronym. But see New York, because of our intellect our intelligence, we put an acronym.”

... fam. :stoneface:

“No we didn’t take the name, what had happened was OG Mack was affiliated out west... OG Mack was the founder of the NY Bloods... but see out west they just Blood, they don’t have no acronym. But see New York, because of our intellect our intelligence, we put an acronym.”

My point exactly

It ain't weird to me seeing NY _'s that's Bloods and Crips. They been doing since when the 90's? NY rappers been making it blatant since the early - mid 2000's. Use to it by now. They say it started in the prison system and spread to outside amongst the street dudes. That's a common way gang affiliation can spread.

It was weird to me at first and still is a little weird. But it's a different generation. They just turned neighborhood gangs in to something under a LA or Chicago name. I look at it as having a brand name to your local gang. Like if you have a rec league basketball team you are more likely to name it the Lakers or Bulls than another name.

Some are official and some aren't

Jersey has more ties to actual gangs in the west, because of how they actually started.

It was also weird seeing them in Philly and DC. They used to run gangs out. You'll see a clip of Gillie on YouTube saying how they don't do that there and clowning dude who was a blood. But like I said different generation. The internet makes everywhere your neighborhood. Nothing is regional anymore. Slang, music, dress, gangs...

after doing some homework on how L.A gang culture started, NYC structure started in an almost identical fashion except that instead of using a brand new name it Used the Blood Banner (Mainly because the dude who started the UBN spent time with Bloods out in Cali & borrowed aspects of their culture to bring it to the east coast).

Outside of that both started with separate gangs/neighborhoods coming together under one name to fight off a larger gang that was attacking them. On the west it was to protect themselves on the streets from attacks by rival white gangs, in NYC it was to protect themselves in prison from attacks by rival Spanish gangs.

in both cases the founding members were already in smaller gangs mostly revolving around neighborhood crews. From there it became a cycle & brought the biggest dudes from separate hoods together... making the gang stronger & stronger.

Both have rules & regulations, codes, different colors for different hoods etc etc. Both have proven to have rivals within the same gang (Crips have sworn beef between hoovers & 60's, UBN has beef between Ninetrey's & Brims).

East coast bloods from the jump really weren't trying to have no affiliation to the West or be identical to them, they created their own sets, own rules, own leaders & simply put it under the banner of Blood.

But whether Bloods existed or not gang violence unfortunately has ALWAYS been a thing in NYC.

Banging Cali sets on the East Coast is like rockin replicas...you might can get it close to the real thing but deep down everybody knows it not authentic and something always gon be a lil "off" :lol: :smh:

Slander video game villain voice I-20 and give props to woman in transition voiced Chingy
gucci3.png
hhh4.png
??? Dude was extra trash and his best song was the version he wasn't even on
banderas.png

And I-20 had slappers
ufdup.png

I’m not taking NO gangs serious in 2019. I understand the point of gang culture (broken homes, no family structure, in need of love, male figures etc.)

But that **** is a JOKE. The whole concepts of streets is a joke nowadays when mfers can go on YouTube or google images, to learn gang signage and whatnot, and fake it. Ain’t no streets, especially showing all your illicit activities for the world to see.

Jokes

Ain't enough YouTube videos & google images in the world to allow someone to truly survive faking it when placed amongst real life gang situations... w/o someone getting severely hurt or severely extorted.

That **** is no joke to anyone who's really into that.

What happened to all the NY gangs from the 70's and early 80's?

Banging Cali sets on the East Coast is like rockin replicas...you might can get it close to the real thing but deep down everybody knows it not authentic and something always gon be a lil "off" :lol: :smh:

I don't know about that. A blood from NY can be doing the same exact activities as one from LA.

Ain't enough YouTube videos & google images in the world to allow someone to truly survive faking it when placed amongst real life gang situations... w/o someone getting severely hurt or severely extorted.

That **** is no joke to anyone who's really into that.

Shut up. That s***** ain’t the same no more. **** watered down. I rest my case though. You DO have mfers going on YouTube and google Images trying to be down. Look at that dumbass from the Noisey video. It’s all a cash grab now. There’s no gang mystic anymore.

Lmao “TREYWAY”

Tekashi69. This bozo literally is a prime example of what I’m talking about. He look straight out YouTube. His was in his bathroom mirror getting the whole signage down pact :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Added to the fact of a dude like Shotti becoming a snitch now :lol:

JOKES

What happened to all the NY gangs from the 70's and early 80's?

I don't know about that. A blood from NY can be doing the same exact activities as one from LA.

Many of those gangs continued to web into larger factions such as (The Zulus, Godbody/5%'ers) or dropped the names of their gangs & just became drug crews. nonetheless the concept of gangs never changed, the aesthetic & names just changed.

Not to mention A LOT of the leaders of those gangs from the 70's/80's are Dead or doing life sentences... so those who remained on the street either started their own crews or fell under another banner.

Shut up. That s***** ain’t the same no more. **** watered down. I rest my case though. You DO have mfers going on YouTube and google Images trying to be down. Look at that dumbass from the Noisey video. It’s all a cash grab now. There’s no gang mystic anymore.

Lmao “TREYWAY”

Tekashi69. This bozo literally is a prime example of what I’m talking about. He look straight out YouTube. His was in his bathroom mirror getting the whole signage down pact :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Added to the fact of a dude like Shotti becoming a snitch now :lol:

JOKES

Fam WTF are you even talking about :lol: Tekashi damn sure isn't what i'm talking about when i'm talking about people in a gang.

there's ****** dying before 21 & catching dozens upon dozens of years as adolescence over that gang ****. Of course some people try to front as if they're a part of something ..... that does not take away from the point that gangs are a very REAL issue & problem for younger cats out here.

You mentioned Shotty as if criminals haven't been snitching on eachother since the beginning of time :lol:

That *** sexy. Her >>>>>> Cardi B’s, Tommy Lee’s, City Girls, etc.

I’d like to see her and Megan work

Her face/facial structure is PERFECT. I went to Detroit once, in 2008.

They’ve got some of the finest black women I’ve EVER seen.

I see why @the 7th mile had to resort to running trains. Cause otherwise, he was gone be honking his horn at the curb.

Back
Top Bottom