Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Get Rich Or Die Tryin made a bigger impact than any Ross album. It made a bigger impact than most albums is hip hop history. We know that so people still bringing it up is pointless, at the end of day it's one album that dropped 16 years ago. For a decade Ross has been a better rapper and making way better music than him. And don't tell me "well 50 don't care about music". That _'s ego is so big, yes he do. :lol:

And it kills him that Ross got bigger after their beef. With Ja, 50 can play the "I ended your career" big joker, he can't do that with Ross. Ross even built a label and one of signings has become a susperstar too and in a better position than any G-Unit member.

good Interview explaining the motivation behind the record. Basically dude feels like he knows the story inside & out, felt it would be a great concept & wanted to tell the story from the other side because people vilified Pac's killer.... but in reality it's the same thing that happens to anyone involved in street beef unfortunately.

I like that dude ain't backing down & has been ready to stand all the criticism from the internet & more importantly in real life from street dudes, pacs fam etc etc. I still wouldn't have done this record if i was in his shoes, but he seems to be standing on his.

they asked him the question on how he would feel if someone dropped a song from the viewpoint of Eric Holder & he stated he's not sure how he would react but he would watch it if the song/video were well constructed.

the one thing that stuck with me tho, is his point that everyman's life has the same value in his eyes. We all listen to gangsta street rap, and promote artist who in some cases are really involved in the **** they rapping about.

We don't give two ****s about hearing how jon doe got clapped, but we draw the line when it's a Icon like Pac... it's an interesting view.

Last edited:
50 is washed. Has been for the whole decade. All there is to it. Ross is still more than capable of dropping great music.

This is what this discussion boils down to. We all love GRODT and realize the impact, and Massacre had dope tracks as well, but when we refer to any actual recent or fairly recent music, Ross is overwhelmingly above 50, even his lesser projects. 50’s quality just isn’t there. 50’s last good projects were in 2009. Lebron hadn’t gone to Miami yet, and Joe Flacco was in his second year.

good Interview explaining the motivation behind the record. Basically dude feels like he knows the story inside & out, felt it would be a great concept & wanted to tell the story from the other side because people vilified Pac's killer.... but in reality it's the same thing that happens to anyone involved in street beef unfortunately.

I like that dude ain't backing down & has been ready to stand all the criticism from the internet & more importantly in real life from street dudes, pacs fam etc etc. I still wouldn't have done this record if i was in his shoes, but he seems to be standing on his.

they asked him the question on how he would feel if someone dropped a song from the viewpoint of Eric Holder & he stated he's not sure how he would react but he would watch it if the song/video were well constructed.

the one thing that stuck with me tho is his point of in his eyes everyman's life has the same value in his eyes. We all listen to gangsta street rap, and promote artist who in some cases are really involved in the **** they rapping about.

We don't give two ****s about hearing how jon doe got clapped, but we draw the line when it's a Icon like Pac... it's an interesting view.

He right though. Like I said, I’m a fan of pacs TALENT. But you stomp someone out, beat them down, talk tough, you know it’s gone be some get back.

So I just read E40 and Scarface are making an album and while I love both I don't know if this is the OG pairing I want :lol:
Will still peep though

So I just read E40 and Scarface are making an album and while I love both I don't know if this is the OG pairing I want :lol:
Will still peep though

I don’t mind the pairing cause both dudes still sound fresh and not washed at all, but I thought Face was focusing solely on politics :lol:??

Window shopper fire :lol:

Yea that was still peak 50, song was fantastic :lol:

I don’t mind the pairing cause both dudes still sound fresh and not washed at all, but I thought Face was focusing solely on politics :lol:??

Yea that was still peak 50, song was fantastic :lol:

Yeah I could've swore I read a weak ago Face is retiring from the game for politics :lol:
I need to check that new 40 out he's just been dropping these long *** projects lately

This is what this discussion boils down to. We all love GRODT and realize the impact, and Massacre had dope tracks as well, but when we refer to any actual recent or fairly recent music, Ross is overwhelmingly above 50, even his lesser projects. 50’s quality just isn’t there. 50’s last good projects were in 2009. Lebron hadn’t gone to Miami yet, and Joe Flacco was in his second year.

50's best work in a decade is a theme song for a TV show

50 might as well be Chingy

I couldn’t believe that first album did the numbers that it did after Right Thurr. He was a parody rapper to me, but people really bought that ****.

I missed the boat after that first single/video. **** felt like a cloned generic Nelly when he dropped.

the one thing that stuck with me tho, is his point that everyman's life has the same value in his eyes. We all listen to gangsta street rap, and promote artist who in some cases are really involved in the **** they rapping about.

Real good interview. Listening now. Smart brother

Back
Top Bottom