Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

There really is like 3 classes of Wayne fans :lol:

You got the older cats who thought he was cool and had some good tracks but overall really wasn’t impressed and think he overrated

The younger cats who caught Wayne right in his stride but were also old enough to recognize when he started declining post-C3 leaks

And then you got the young _’s who caught the wave late and think C3 his best album for some weird *** reason :lol:

I'm 30 so I've watched and heard his whole career from the early CM Hot Boys days. He's never been some great rapper to me. He was nice but most of music is corny metaphors and goofyness. Only Wayne project I go back and listen to is Carter 2 and some of those joints from all his mixtapes that I just put together as my own mix.

People go way overboard and changing history when it comes to him like when wavycrocket wavycrocket said Wayne was poppin in 97 but I get he loves Wayne. :lol: Block Is Hot ain't come til like the end of 99. Juvie was poppin, BG was poppin more than Wayne. Wayne wasn't even selling records like that til Carter 3. Kanye and TIP was outselling him.

Last edited:
I'm 30 so I've watched and heard his whole career from the early CM Hot Boys days. He's never been some great rapper to me. He was nice but most of music is corny metaphors and goofyness. Only Wayne project I go back and listen to is Carter 3 and some of those joints from all his mixtapes that I just put together as my own mix.

People go way overboard and changing history when it comes to him like when wavycrocket wavycrocket said Wayne was poppin in 97 but I get he loves Wayne. :lol: Block Is Hot ain't come til like the end of 99. Juvie was poppin, BG was poppin more than Wayne. Wayne wasn't even selling records like that til Carter 3. Kanye and TIP was outselling him.

*****, when I said he beeen “poppin since 97” I clearly meant he been in the game since then...making noise as the young ***** in a major group.

Relax.

Wayne wasn’t as big as BG or Juvie, why the **** you think all his singles damn near had BG or Juvie? They also tried to push him to the women audience cause he was a kid. He really became popular during those trash mixtapes after 500 Degreez.

Wayne wasn’t as big as BG or Juvie, why the **** you think all his singles damn near had BG or Juvie? They also tried to push him to the women audience cause he was a kid. He really became popular during those trash mixtapes after 500 Degreez.

Once again...I’m referring to how long he’s been “in the game” and why someone like Cole/Kendrick age etc would think highly of him. They grew up with him. Watched him go from this to that...and he was at his best (02-07) when they were in their teens and formulating their burgeoning rap careers.

The lack of comprehension is outstanding :smh: :lol:

Once again...I’m referring to how long he’s been “in the game” and why someone like Cole/Kendrick age etc would think highly of him. They grew up with him. Watched him go from this to that...and he was at his best (02-07) when they were in their teens and formulating their burgeoning rap careers.

The lack of comprehension is outstanding :smh: :lol:

We talking about two different things, I’m just talking about how much of a bum Wayne was, is and always will be when it comes to rapping.

But for the record, I don’t care if Kendrick liked Wayne or was once influenced by him. All the albums I hear from Kendrick, I don’t hear Wayne at all. Wayne doesn’t have a single project that sounds like any of Kendrick’s album. He can’t **** with Kendrick’s worst album.

Carter 1-3 all blassics

Hahahaha

Wayne lucky BG couldn’t get that monkey off his back, and Turk caught that case in 2001. (I’m a Wayne fan though)

BG was always my guy

I gotta give buddy his props cause he held cash money down from 2002 and beyond. It couldve easily crumbled but Wayne singlehandedly kept it afloat

We talking about two different things, I’m just talking about how much of a bum Wayne was, is and always will be when it comes to rapping.

But for the record, I don’t care if Kendrick liked Wayne or was once influenced by him. All the albums I hear from Kendrick, I don’t hear Wayne at all. Wayne doesn’t have a single project that sounds like any of Kendrick’s album. He can’t **** with Kendrick’s worst album.

Hahahaha

u'r a hypocrite if u like backseat freestyle by kendrick but dont like wayne, cuz that track is nonsense and is some wayne sh--

also

"i am the sh-- like what the prune do"
-kendrick lamar on ab-soul's album

u can say that dumba-- type of punchline js directly derived from some wayne sh--. i aint even gonna break down the numerous amounts of stupid level punchlines kendrick has done throughout the years, wayne does them better because you have to pause and wait a minute like "what? oh ok weird loose association and slang i guess"

Hahahaha

You the same ***** that said you threw the Carter 2 out the window after hearing, “The mobb” :smh: :lol:

Can’t take that seriously. Even @Peep Game thinks that’s OD :lol:

Thanks Mobb still a hard intro. I used to bump the Fly in, Fly Out and the others from C1 all the time. I miss when Wayne used to try.

*****, when I said he beeen “poppin since 97” I clearly meant he been in the game since then...making noise as the young ***** in a major group.

Relax.
Poppin and been in the game are different things. How we supposed to know what you really mean? :lol:

Most of the time when _'s say "poppin" that means out here selling records and having a good buzz. The Hot Boys as a group wasn't making noise til after Juvie hit then Guerilla Warfare.

For real Turk played himself getting in and out of jail and high as **** missing video shoots and studio sessions. They were trying to push him and Wayne at the same time.

You the same ***** that said you threw the Carter 2 out the window after hearing, “The mobb” :smh: :lol:

Can’t take that seriously. Even @Peep Game thinks that’s OD :lol:

Is this one of the songs Gillie wrote?

Lay my mack down, lay her back down, but I never put my Mac down

And when I move, I move out with the raw
I move out with the squad
To his album we ride we so mob
I throw lives and lowest to live
For my loaf of bread the people's player
I did what the culture said
And I live by the coast of Nostre Cid
**** around I'll knock your shoulder from your head
Get it right I'm a soldier till I'm dead
This kid is white with buttonholes inside that bled
I'm pumping O's with lots of hay
I'm so high and really I don't even know why
And oh I just go buy a whole house
And lay my mat down lay her back down
But I never put my mack down
You see the thug in me
You know Weezy he the young son of Bubba-be
Buy my basketball shorts with a thunder be
If you want it then come to me
I'm right here

For real Turk played himself getting in and out of jail and high as **** missing video shoots and studio sessions. They were trying to push him and Wayne at the same time.

Is this one of the songs Gillie wrote?
gillie said out his mouth he had nothing to do with carter 2
chill and let us enjoy prime wayne

I’m still hurt over that Mannie album. **** was ****in trash. That was the transition Cash Money. Then I had to hear Wayne rapping on interludes, made it even worse. Mannie hurt me with that one. Wish his album dropped in 98-99, would have been fire.

gillie said out his mouth he had nothing to do with carter 2
chill and let us enjoy prime wayne

Never letting anyone enjoy Wayne or say anything positive about Wayne. He overrated trash and is responsible for all the trash that gets posted in here.

Back
Top Bottom