Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I've heard all his old **** and he never sounded like Jay TO ME. :lol:

If he didn't say that "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" people woulda never compared him to Jay. He forced that comparison.

so 3:29 - 3:38 doesnt sound like a 1:1 bite to you? lol... man i swear ppl got weird ears

anyways, ill just say wayne sound like young chris. (LoL)

You can always tell how young someone is by their opinion on Lil wayne. 2004-2009 Wayne was the best rapper alive no dispute. Son was rapping his *** off. Go listen to the Unreleased version of Carter 2 or Carter 3 Sessions.

You can always tell how young someone is by their opinion on Lil wayne. 2004-2009 Wayne was the best rapper alive no dispute. Son was rapping his *** off. Go listen to the Unreleased version of Carter 2 or Carter 3 Sessions.

"no dispute" lmfao. i love wayne but there was never a year that i felt like he was best rapper.. but that's subjective and diff ppl use diff criteria.

i could see or understand why ppl would say for 2 of those years within that timeframe that they give it to wayne tho. 5 yrs is a stretch IMO

You can always tell how young someone is by their opinion on Lil wayne. 2004-2009 Wayne was the best rapper alive no dispute.

And if you don't personally think that he was the best, that's cool. But he was damn sure the biggest.

So many dudes started growing their dreads after they saw his on the Go DJ video.

Wayne never been lyrical. Some cool punchlines but he been average as **** forever.

BG & Juvie >>>> Wayne

Wayne and Gucci responsible for rap today and how you no longer need talent or to be lyrical

Wayne never been lyrical. Some cool punchlines but he been average as **** forever.

BG & Juvie >>>> Wayne

Wayne and Gucci responsible for rap today and how you no longer need talent or to be lyrical

gotta disagree. i'd credit that to a wave of rap that was getting pushed starting around 2007-2008, and it's not even the artists, it's the specific hits that the majors put an enormous amount of bread in so that everyone would hear it getting replayed over and over again on the radio, thus kids growing up, listening to that, and being like "ok this what i gotta do"

shop boyz - party like a rockstar
MIMS - this is why im hot (garbagest song of all time shame on you NYers)
soulja boy - crank dat
d4l - laffy taffy
drake - best i ever had

those were the biggest ones, but man, there was so much like those that were getting pushed that it translated to being a dominant theme in this decade in terms of the way ppl rap

BG & Juvie >>>> Wayne

I know somebody didn't like weezy f baby and the f is for fenominal bar.

Nah I feel like the south as a whole, for the most part, has always just been about making good music and not really getting too up in arms over the technical make up to that degree. Literally just come as you are.

You wanna tell stories and get intricate like Face and 3 stacks? Cool. You wanna just do party type **** and make absolutely zero attempts at lyrical superiority? Cool we got a space for that too.

At the end of the day _’s just wanna FEEL something in some way. Whether that’s sad, mad, happy, hopeful etc. It’s like Blues. **** don’t even have to be really clever you could just be expressing a sentiment that I really feel as well.

That’s how _’s will be in here quoting lines and then somebody come outta nowhere like “that’s a bar/quotable to you? :sick: :rolleyes:lol:

Edit: I will say it seem like NYC rap is flourishing now commercially because they’ve gotten over that anxiety. _’s feel fully comfortable and free just doing some other **** now. Now you can have an A Boogie instead of tryna force Uncle Murda type _’s into crossover rappers :lol:

Last edited:
mannnnn lol max b wasn't "lyrical" either he gave straight reality raps n singing but without autotune n he was flourishing during that same time that "the south was taking over" so i dont wanna hear all that tbh.

rich boy's "throw some D's" didnt feel like a what ppl consider "southern" track to me and it was huge. weezy "hustler's musik" same thing. those were biiiig songs during the same time period that we say supposedly only stereotypical "southern party tracks" dominated... these tracks are very "east coast" sounding.

does "soul survivor" by jeezy sound like the "typical Southern party" song that yall think of? cuz it sure doesn't sound like "wipe me down" to me. T.I., Luda, all southern rappers who still spit that spit

That part is true cuz most of the people that call Wayne this top 5 all time rapper just started listening to hip hop around 05-07. A lot of his biggest fans was 13-15 when Carter 3 dropped.

DzOPx5KWkAA3M04.jpg

Ou6be3R.gif

giphy.gif

That part is true cuz most of the people that call Wayne this top 5 all time rapper just started listening to hip hop around 05-07. A lot of his biggest fans was 13-15 when Carter 3 dropped.

There really is like 3 classes of Wayne fans :lol:

You got the older cats who thought he was cool and had some good tracks but overall really wasn’t impressed and think he overrated

The younger cats who caught Wayne right in his stride but were also old enough to recognize when he started declining post-C3 leaks

And then you got the young _’s who caught the wave late and think C3 his best album for some weird *** reason :lol:

Saw this on my TL and some music news sites, Travis officially now in the running for cringiest fan base :rofl: :rofl:

Crazy this **** ain’t even a riot, literally just white privilege being acted out :lol:

White boys HOT they couldn’t put Sicko Mode on their snapchats boi :lol: :smh:

This ***** Travis got rabid fans.

Justine sky and Sheck situation getting messy .

She said he jumped over the fence.

Post video and dude is so tall he walked over a small gate like it was a toddler :lol:

Shorty not coming off credible.
YOU the only one, man :lol:. ***** was saying Wayne was rapping like Hov during the prefix/suffix days. And that’s before he came out with the “best rapper alive” comparisons. Again, he was doing literal Hov covers in 02, 03, 04. He didn’t start saying that best rapper alive ***** until bring it back. And the rapping like Hov **** was before that.

Wayne and Juelz SOUND nothing alike. They operated in the same space image wise...but from a flow, rapping level. Hell no.
Nah, he aint. **** sounded like trash. Not Jay.

Wayne slander just annoys me. People really be talking like he was trash like silk the shocker or lil b or something.. that **** crazy.
Still trash though.

Rather listen to Lil B get beat up than Wayne.

BG & Juvie >>>> Wayne

FACTS

Back
Top Bottom