Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

What differentiates TIP from those 4 (IMO) is that a lot of TIP's success came through his albums. The only big mixtape I remember from him was Down with the King.

Gucci, Boosie, YO, and Jeezy: A large chunk of their buzz came from their mixtapes, before they even released an album. TI dropped I'm Serious way back in 2001, so he had already been around, and didn't really need mixtape buzz.

He definitely deserves that love though.

I agree. That’s 100% it.

Bro I get it you love Gucci, you don't like Jeezy's new music.. I don't really care. I PERSONALLY still listen too & enjoy Jeezy's music :lol:

Respect, do ya thang bro. I still bang TOD2 and prior Jeezy but don’t try to make it seem like he’s making good music in 2019.

PS, yeah I love Wop, he top 10 but he been on the decline too..He headed towards Jeezy status. I’m not no fanboy *** ***** I just call it how I see it. Rozay ain’t never fell offf

It's funny cause NT is the only place I really see the Jeezy being washed slander. Most people I see in the streets still rock with him whenever he drops. Hood chicks especially still love him lol His recent music doesn't have a lot of replay value is all.

Personally I thought TOD 3 was dope. He definitely could use a new fire single though.

TOD 3 had a bunch of nice songs, along with that Pressure album, and even that Boston George & Diego album. Meanwhile, 50’s best song since 2009 is the Power theme (wish I was joking)

Respect, do ya thang bro. I still bang TOD2 and prior Jeezy but don’t try to make it seem like he’s making good music in 2019.

PS, yeah I love Wop, he top 10 but he been on the decline too..He headed towards Jeezy status. I’m not no fanboy *** ***** I just call it how I see it. Rozay ain’t never fell offf

Hood billionaire & black market ain't hit for me but he made up for those with Rather You then Me.

Also it's a damn shame Ross & Jeezy decided to have "Beef" during that period of their careers because they have had some fire collabs otherwise.

smh them Atlanta kneegrows too busy tossing all their money at the Stripper Bowl to hook their mans up with a lawyer. Jay Z shouldn't have had to do this.

He didn't do it because he had to. Genuine or not....it's a positive PR move and is in line with the moves he's been making over the past few years.

I'm positive 21 Savage doesn't "need" a lawyer hired for him period.

I’m always surprised so many X fans hate And then there was X. That was my first X album though so it has a special place in my heart.

**** I even liked the Great Dression.

IMO X went damn near 4/4 out the gate which is dope.

He kinda lost me with Grand Champ though.

I never liked X's production like that. It was half and half. Maybe less than that.

I'm not the biggest Grease or Swizz fan.

and there's a reason PK isn't known.

Classic?

CLASSIC?!

Joint was average as hell.

Isnt one classic song on that second DMX album, no way you can classify the whole thing as one.

Back
Top Bottom