Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

artists getting finessed more now than in the past

How? It’s seems every new artist with a hit songs has millions worth of jewelry and a home out in LA.

They getting finessed out of their royalties and ownership but they’re seeing way more show and walk through money now then they did back in the day

How? It’s seems every new artist with a hit songs has millions worth of jewelry and a home out in LA.

They getting finessed out of their royalties and ownership but they’re seeing way more show and walk through money now then they did back in the day

Naw, they got more money doing shows in the past. There were less rappers.

Plus you had rappers doing arenas and clubs. Despite how many rappers there are it's only a handful doing basketball arenas. Atlantic can't take their artist on tour like Def Jam did.

u think dmx
was making less in his prime
than these new folks now???
:lol: yeah ok bruh

Radio gotta chill. I heard pump it up yesterday.
1348183372_42-Joe-Budden.gif

I was thinking about this listening to Ja Rule on Drink Champs.

It's a lot easier being J Cole or Kendrick. They don't have to have $500,000 in jewelry on at all times to show they're getting money. The rest of their lives even when they aren't hot they're going to have to try and live out that same lifestyle. That's a lot different than a $10,000 cuban link and a Lexus GS.

Lupe is a better lyricist than Eminem, and I’m an Em Stan.
Always wanted to see them collab

On another note why didn’t jay or Kanye ever promote Lupe like they did their other artists?
I don’t remember lupe ever getting that level of media attention like yes rappers do now or jays

Always wanted to see them collab

On another note why didn’t jay or Kanye ever promote Lupe like they did their other artists?
I don’t remember lupe ever getting that level of media attention like yes rappers do now or jays

He’s not their artist . He turned down rocafella and Kanye doesn’t even do that good of a job with his own artist lol

Naw, they got more money doing shows in the past. There were less rappers.

Plus you had rappers doing arenas and clubs. Despite how many rappers there are it's only a handful doing basketball arenas. Atlantic can't take their artist on tour like Def Jam did.
Yea it’s just easier to book shows anywhere these days...the internet n social media got rappers doing shows all over the place

Back
Top Bottom