Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Seems like being "hated" is a really strong marketing tool in the Trump era :lol:

Trolls are winning. Everyone hates:

Hernandez
Russ
Nicki Minaj
J Cole
Lavar + the BBB Empire
The Warriors
Azealia Banks
Akademiks

And somehow this works for them :lol:

Seems like being "hated" is a really strong marketing tool in the Trump era :lol:

Hernandez
Russ
Nicki Minaj
J Cole
Lavar + the BBB Empire
The Warriors
Azealia Banks
Akademiks

Naw, ****** don't hate the warriors, ****** hate KD.

So Russ really with the ****s? Ion blame him, I'm not letting nan ***** dishonor my family, esp a sister of mine.

Define "nobody".

From my observation, 99% of the "**** Russ" kids were saying "**** J-Cole" just 8 months ago.

Basically :lol:

Smokepurrp is a suburban lame tho not surprised he would press up on him lol it was really just a bunch of young white kids/no jumper fans saying it anyway

People hate Russ because him and his fans are corny, not cause he was speaking the truth. Most of his early promo was filled up with him repeatedly talking about how he make all of his simple *** beats himself and mixes his own stuff like he’s the first ever rapper/producer. Then his white Tech N9ne/Eminem type fanbase would get on social media and do their “rap is crap but Russ is cool” shtick

Last edited:
Dont really care for that Russ dude at all but I came across a clip where he commented on the constant trolling that occurs on social media. I never understood how people will clown a guy for pressing people who go out of their way for no reason to disrespect them. The response I normally hear is "Its a joke", ain't **** funny about wishing death on someone (Wale) or saying **** you (J Cole) repeatedly. You disliking someone's music is fine but when you start crossing the line I fully support people getting punched in their face for that ****

Bruh that video of AK posted is crazy to me & so representative of this newer generation of Rappers.. Dude called Russ a ***** for rolling up on *****s who are Constantly speaking foul on his name for absolutely no reason. Mind you these the same dudes throwing 40 guns up in instagram videos daily, now when someone approaches them it's i was just "trolling". That suburban outlook these rappers have is just showing.

You can tell what type of environment they're from, and that people only die on TV and in movies with them. It's all fun and games.

Miserable Marshall been a thing for 20 years. Them MGK bars got a bunch of truth in em. Dude definitely hates his celebrity and literally can't go anywhere unless he's paying people to protect him. All that money, success, and fame and dude is more burnt then he was living on 8 mile.

He seems so stressed being a rapper. I think he'd rather be regular.

They hurt as hell on akademiks page lmaoooo same dudes was giving safari Ls now they crying for the fair one
5E36B81D-9D69-4EC3-B955-1B9037C53C79.png

That video of bruh getting jumped is hilarious :rofl: :rofl:

I guarantee Russ not having that energy with any real street _’s tho

Something about a white/ambiguous looking dude (with a bunch of fans that lowkey hate rap) telling black rappers what they can and can’t rap about is just a really weird dynamic anyway

That video of bruh getting jumped is hilarious :rofl: :rofl:

I guarantee Russ not having that energy with any real street _’s tho

Something about a white/ambiguous looking dude (with a bunch of fans that lowkey hate rap) telling black rappers what they can and can’t rap about is just a really weird dynamic anyway

This is where Russ gets lost on me....because he casts an entire shadow on hip hop...based on the SoundCloud tumblr kids (who operate in the exact same space as he does and they share a similar fan base)....and he uses his experiences and encounters with that subset of acts in that lane to accurately diagnose those guys...but at the same time...casting a net and misdiagnosing the entire genre of hip hop to an audience that treats it as a fun, jokey, rebellious stage in their youth. It’s similar to what Post Malone was saying when he said if he wanted music with meaning, he wouldn’t listen to rap.

Russ seems to be genuinely well meaning....but he comes off as a white lecturer on the entire landscape of hip hop culture.

This is where Russ gets lost on me....because he casts an entire shadow on hip hop...based on the SoundCloud tumblr kids (who operate in the exact same space as he does and they share a similar fan base)....and he uses his experiences and encounters with that subset of acts in that lane to accurately diagnose those guys...but at the same time...casting a net and misdiagnosing the entire genre of hip hop to an audience that treats it as a fun, jokey, rebellious stage in their youth. It’s similar to what Post Malone was saying when he said if he wanted music with meaning, he wouldn’t listen to rap.

Russ seems to be genuinely well meaning....but he comes off as a white lecturer on the entire landscape of hip hop culture.

Exactly. 100% what I was getting at.

It’s about tone, positioning, and self awareness.

He’s know that dynamic is there himself because after getting backlash for his comments and how they could be taken by his white fans he came back and was like “nah I was talking to/about the WHITE kids” which then created a whole another thing

Hernandez
Russ
Nicki Minaj
J Cole
Lavar + the BBB Empire
The Warriors
Azealia Banks
Akademiks

Floyd Mayweather was always the prime example of this to me.

When he was "Pretty Boy Floyd", he was under the radar. When he became "Money", he blew up seemingly on the strength of people wanting to see him lose.

admittedly I’m not 100% on Russ. Besides his comments on drug usage and promotion (which I 100% agree with) what else does he tell rappers they shouldn’t do or rap about?

Hopefully C5 isn’t some 50 song album

Or have any dated tracks from 2013-2015

And he should just drop it as a whole project, no lead single, doesn’t need it, people will check for it off his name alone

Purp deserved what he got.

Eh they were both kinda looking for attention tho. Smokepurrp didn’t just randomly start slandering Russ, the whole thing started when Peep overdosed.

The next day or so after that Russ hopped on twitter with a anti drug rant obviously knowing it was gonna be controversial and get attention and then pretty much everybody that was cool with Peep reacted. Smokepurrp was just one of the ppl

Mind you, this is a die hard Lil Wayne fan talking about how lame and destructive it is for rappers to promote drug use :rofl:

Last edited:
R.I.P. Mr. Shakur

Picture me rollin’ in my 900 Benz,
I got no love for these *****z,
There’s no need to be friends

I'ma be a Made ***** forever & all eternity.

Made *****z probably the hardest song in rap history.

The ending to Made *****z always makes me laugh.:lol::lol::lol:

Cop: A Srg a we've got a 2Pac Shakur, Fatal, Fatal Hussein, a Castro,
Khadafi
We got a bunch a ******s here
They got guns in their car, they got weed, they got money
They're with a lot of black women
What should we do Srg?
Srg: I repeat let em go
I repeat let em go they're Made ******
Let em go
Cop:
But... But
Srg they got guns, they got weed
Srg:
I said let em go
Cop:
Alright
You guys can go
Sorry... sorry about the mix up
You guys can go.

Last edited:
Y’all be havily invested in a lot of these garbage affairs.

I respect the dude Russ’ stance. Jumping a n_ is still sissified to me though. Shoot bruh a 1 on 1.

Dudes be knowing these cats ain’t about nothing. It’s like drunk/high people, long as you don’t touch me or jeopardize me or my family.

They ain’t no threat.

Do y’all even listen to these dudes music? Y’all know y’all don’t

Back
Top Bottom