Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think that would've been a terrible decision. Its a good chance he'll beat that case but going back to jail is a very real possibility for him especially since the judge denied him a new trial

Thats why he just doing one off Vegas shows and festivals right now

What this gotta do with an album instead of an ep?

What is an "album" in this era?

Seems like a body of work is just a body of work. Whether you call it a mixtape, a playlist, an ep, whatever the ****.

Like what makes this Meek project an EP but all those Good Music projects "albums"? Just a designation?

What this gotta do with an album instead of an ep?

I think he’s gonna want to do a real tour off a album bruh, he hasn’t toured like that in a couple years and it doesn’t appear he has plans to tour like that right now

He had that tour with Yo Gotti last year, had to cancel out of nowhere at the last min, surprise dropped a album 2 weeks later did 4 “pop up shows” and then next thing we know he getting sentenced to at least 2 in

Albums are dead, everything is a project. 4 songs is too little. Should have dropped a 8-10 song project.

I think he’s gonna want to do a real tour off a album bruh, he hasn’t toured like that in a couple years and it doesn’t appear he has plans to tour like that right now

He had that tour with Yo Gotti last year, had to cancel out of nowhere at the last min, surprise dropped a album 2 weeks later did 4 “pop up shows” and then next thing we know he getting sentenced to at least 2 in

I dont know the stipulations of his freedom but a 4 track ep ain't cutting it. Whether he can tour or not. Its forgettable. People aren't even gonna pay attention to this

Seems like a body of work is just a body of work. Whether you call it a mixtape, a playlist, an ep, whatever the ****.

Like what makes this Meek project an EP but all those Good Music projects "albums"? Just a designation?

It shouldn’t matter but the word album still signifies something to a lot of people, just like the “gold” and “platinum”. We’ve just been conditioned to react to those terms. Fans hear you dropping a EP or Mixtape they like aight cool new music but once you say the word Album _’s really start paying attention.

Ultimately I think it’s how you treat the project. Albums traditionally are _’s babies. They go all out with the tours, listening parties, merch, media appearances etc. EPs usually don’t get that type of treatment. Ye was flying _’s from across the country to Wyoming, dudes usually not doing that for a EP or Mixtape :lol:

Albums are dead, everything is a project. 4 songs is too little. Should have dropped a 8-10 song project.

I listen to Stankonia really often still and that **** is 24 tracks, but I still agree with this. I can't imagine listening to an entire 2018 project of that length and enjoying the whole thing.

Like with Scorpion, my version is only 8 tracks. All it really needed for me. Give me 8-10 good tracks and call it a day.

I listen to Stankonia really often still and that **** is 24 tracks, but I still agree with this. I can't imagine listening to an entire 2018 project of that length and enjoying the whole thing.

Like with Scorpion, my version is only 8 tracks. All it really needed for me. Give me 8-10 good tracks and call it a day.

Back then you payed real money and would actually sit down and listen to it. _'s wasn't tryna pay $18+ to "only" get like 10-12 songs, a few of which they've already heard :lol: Nowadays with culture moving so fast and a constant flood of content fighting for our attention _'s don't even have time to listen to and appreciate all that **** but its better for streaming/sales. Fans will add 5-8 songs to their spotify/apple music playlist and keep it moving

Music **** is just totally different than anything we've seen before. You drop a project now and you got like a week before _'s forget about it because its gonna be like 5 other projects, scandals and all kinda other **** going on that next week. Few weeks after that and the project is now old and _'s want more :lol: Seem like dudes straight up deleted that Jay/Beyonce project from their whole memory bank in like 3-4 days

Who’s gonna be the first artist to “only” release physicals, and not digitals, as a marketing scheme?

Calling the Good Music stuff albums was just a marketing tool, just like Drake’s ‘playlist’ (which was one 1minute and half interlude past 80 minutes)

Last edited:
They've been saying all week Scorpion doing 850K-950K, he ended up at 749K. Projections are never that far off, they were trying to gas up sales and build hype. I know they were trying hard to get a million first week sales.

749K total sales (158K in actual sales, 591K in streaming sales)

Ye got some pretty low sales. Under 2K in actual sales this week, 22K in streaming sales.

Mad people been doing cassettes for probably two years now. Seen them on mad sites and in a few shops. Vinyl sells way more than CDs so nobody is selling exclusively to CDs anytime soon.

Last edited:
Jay should have scrapped that and kept those verses for his own album. He had FIRE on that album but I'm not listening to him rap with his wife or on some of those beats.

38K total sales, 31K streaming sales and 7K in actual sales.

I know they expected more than that in week 2.

It's truly just too much **** dropping. That jay and beyonce album is nice but it got lost in the mix. Summer is showing to be a bloodbath for releases.

I didn’t really care for the Jay/Beyoncé outside of 1 track but it def kinda feel like too much **** dropping in general

Seem like that’s just how it’s moving now tho

TOO LATE :pimp:

D0A5E4D6-A01E-4E90-B1EB-9EAE16E04ECE.gif

:lol:

I listen to Stankonia really often still and that **** is 24 tracks

Right. I'm still listening to music same way I have since HS. Stankonia, All Eyez On Me, Life After Death. I'm still playing them joints top to bottom.

I can't listen to **** in a playlist or whatever. I want the whole album experience.

Back
Top Bottom