Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Random...but I'm re-reading Dram's takes after Drake jacked his record...and see this totally different 3 years later.

If Pusha ****** up Drake's business w/ Adidas he deserved that ****....cause Dram got did FOUL :smh:

Random...but I'm re-reading Dram's takes after Drake jacked his record...and see this totally different 3 years later.

If Pusha ****ed up Drake's business w/ Adidas he deserved that ****....cause Dram got did FOUL :smh:

I forgot about that.

Where did you read/see that?

I forgot about that.

Where did you read/see that?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...45302/rapper-dram-cha-cha-drake-jacked-record

His single "Cha Cha" landed him a deal with Atlantic in June after it became a viral hit, buoyed by clips of Beyoncé and Drake jamming to it. But then, in July, the latter released "Hotline Bling," which samples Timmy Thomas' 1972 soul hit "Why Can't We Live Together" to create a similar groove. Apple's Beats 1 station originally premiered "Hotline" with the subtitle "Cha Cha Remix" -- unlike the official version that's scaling the Billboard Hot 100, which credits Thomas as a co-writer but not D.R.A.M.

I didn't know the record had gained enough traction to the point Beyonce shined her light on it. The record was being worked by "The Machine"...and Drake just came along and took his whole ****...and passed it off as "we just flipped the same sample"...effectively slamming the door on whatever momentum Dram was gaining. I suppose that's how cold the industry can be...but that karma gotta come back around.

Newsflash... Black people don’t care about the “culture” as much as they care about their bottomline. It’s all a money grab. People of color really don’t care, and truthfully, most never had intentions of caring

You'd think ****** would peep the game by now but the power of pandering is TOO strong right now :lol:

This is America...and it's run on Capitalism. All these ****** are out for THEIRS...and we all should be out for OURS. Once ****** figure out the key to "saving black people" is to save your ******* self...we'll see traction.

You'd think *****s would peep the game by now but the power of pandering is TOO strong right now :lol:

This is America...and it's run on Capitalism. All these *****s are out for THEIRS...and we all should be out for OURS. Once *****s figure out the key to "saving black people" is to save your ****ing self...we'll see traction.
There's a difference between being for the culture and paying back your debts.

Paying your debts is just the expectation. Of course in a capitalist society, the main goal is to make as much money as possible, but I'm not taking that as an excuse if a ***** owes me money. Y'all better than me.:lol:

Paying your debts is just the expectation. Of course in a capitalist society, the main goal is to make as much money as possible, but I'm not taking that as an excuse if a ***** owes me money. Y'all better than me.:lol:

I'm speaking in general. I'm not saying Dame should take anything as an excuse.

Couldn't be me.

This just another example of why I don't loan ****** money for ****, ever :lol:

Maaaan....more power to Dame on that restraint. I wanted to fire on Lee Daniels from that video alone :lol:.

Just the sheer fact the ***** got his arms folded, rocking a teal cape....and calling Dame, “Damon, in a condescending, soft tone....while telling him he’ll give him his number is the type of **** that makes you madder in that situation :lol:.

This ***** Lee Daniels ran off on Dame Dash :smh: :rofl:

#Geezus #GetTheStrap

Dame get clowned and called crazy a lot but man he for the culture in ways a lot of these _’s aint :smh:

I never felt sorry for him, because he's been talking about that on social media for years instead of just suing. I was trying to figure out did he want money or something to hold over his head and talk about.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...45302/rapper-dram-cha-cha-drake-jacked-record

I didn't know the record had gained enough traction to the point Beyonce shined her light on it. The record was being worked by "The Machine"...and Drake just came along and took his whole ****...and passed it off as "we just flipped the same sample"...effectively slamming the door on whatever momentum Dram was gaining. I suppose that's how cold the industry can be...but that karma gotta come back around.

It's pretty much we'll take your record with or without your permission.

Well, that's a scalding hot take.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom