Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

How did it get to the point now where the "gatekeepers" in the industry are now Adam22, Akademiks, DJ Vlad, and maybe YesJulz?

They’re “gate keepers” if you listen to the type of music they promote. I like to believe that crowd accounts for a very small segment of hip hop culture. They don’t speak for anything I give my attention to. Never seent an Adam22 interview, never sat through a livestream of Ak twitching himself, Vlad been chump, and all I can remember of Yesjulz is that she got a trash 30 second clip of some embarrassing backshots.

Last edited:
They’re “gate keepers” if you listen to the type of music they promote. I like to believe that crowd is comprised of a very small segment of hip hop culture. They don’t speak for anything I give my attention to. Never seent an Adam22 interview, never sat through a livestream of Ak twitching himself, Vlad been chump, and all I can remember of Yesjulz is that she got a trash 30 second clip of some embarrassing backshots.
dont know who adam22 is
only see ak streaming clips on nt
never watch vlad
used to before i figured out his schtick

How did it get to the point now where the "gatekeepers" in the industry are now Adam22, Akademiks, DJ Vlad, and maybe YesJulz?

They're not. They're the gatekeepers for a very specific lane of rap that isnt as big as people want it to be

that's funny, this thread was created because one of these gatekeepers.

They’re “gate keepers” if you listen to the type of music they promote. I like to believe that crowd accounts for a very small segment of hip hop culture. They don’t speak for anything I give my attention to. Never seent an Adam22 interview, never sat through a livestream of Ak twitching himself, Vlad been chump, and all I can remember of Yesjulz is that she got a trash 30 second clip of some embarrassing backshots.

Yeah. There are tons of lanes in rap now....and it’s ultimately up to your preference of what lane you choose to bring your attention to.

That said....those “lanes” like Cole Bennet and Adam 22 etc represent a pretty large segment in rap music with increasing influence and dominate steaming with and have increasing selling power.

How much longer you think that sound and that "scene" has left?

Aren't the youngins going to eventually get tired of that **** and start another wave?

Man a lot of the formerly key people in that scene proclaimed it dead a long time ago so its hard to really know now :lol:

Its weird because they created it and then it kinda just got taken out of their hands once people saw how marketable it could be. Then out of nowhere a whole bunch of 12 year olds just started listening to that stuff all at once. I think the age thing is really key because these young kids don't care about originality and all that ****. Its also why you see a lot of these dudes with animated/cartoon videos covers etc.

Like take this Comethazine dude, he signed to Todd Moscowitz new label Alamo (he left 300 and started signing a BUNCH of these _'s) and he another clone blowing up.

Might be the first time I've heard a rapper admit in a song that he's biting another rapper (Madeintyo) and theres nothing you can do about it :rofl::sick:

Another key element prolonging it is theres a lot of different scenes in the soundcloud **** for them to exploit. You got the suburban fashion trapper wave like Carti, Smokepurrp, Pump, Yung Bans, etc. You got the Emo/Depressed wave like XXX, Peep, Juice Wrld, etc. and then you got a whole another wave of dudes rapping fast like Bone Thugs and **** :lol:

Man a lot of the formerly key people in that scene proclaimed it dead a long time ago so its hard to really know now :lol:

Its weird because they created it and then it kinda just got taken out of their hands once people saw how marketable it could be. Then out of nowhere a whole bunch of 12 year olds just started listening to that stuff all at once. I think the age thing is really key because these young kids don't care about originality and all that ****. Its also why you see a lot of these dudes with animated/cartoon videos covers etc.

Like take this Comethazine dude, he signed to Todd Moscowitz new label Alamo (he left 300 and started signing a BUNCH of these _'s) and he another clone blowing up.

Might be the first time I've heard a rapper admit in a song that he's biting another rapper (Madeintyo) and theres nothing you can do about it :rofl::sick:

Another key element prolonging it is theres a lot of different scenes in the soundcloud **** for them to exploit. You got the suburban fashion trapper wave like Carti, Smokepurrp, Pump, Yung Bans, etc. You got the Emo/Depressed wave like XXX, Peep, Juice Wrld, etc. and then you got a whole another wave of dudes rapping fast like Bone Thugs and **** :lol:

wee-bey-reaction-gif.gif

I never really thought about that

A str8drop str8drop insight is always appreciated :pimp:

All this **** makes sense.

Yeah soundcloud was a platform people used to pump out music and you'd find a few gems out of luck. Now people are just searching that **** to be the first to like

Back
Top Bottom