Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Always kills me when ***** try to go to a hood they aren’t from to shoot a quick video :rofl:

You can’t be shooting a video on this section of greenmount you ain’t good there. No way Jose :lol:. ***** from round there don’t even go to that liquor store on Greenmount & North Ave. Just go to the one .03 miles up :lol: and that joint still wild. Zone 18..

That's hilarious, dudes voice was cracking up. Just rep where you from, dangerous to just post up on someone elses block doing a whole video.

Juice Wrld is that dude

emo depressing relationship type **** which make the kids love like 6lack, bryson tiller etc..

Wrld got them catchy depressing relationship songs that just about everyone been thru at some point

Originality is dead. Everyone just copies each other to get to the bag. What’s more ironic is this new generation is supposedly “way more creative artistically” than generations before.

This is all true. However, I think it's easier to identify the clones now because of the internet. Let's say there was 100 rappers with bald heads, muscles, and tatts who were copying DMX back in 1998. They didn't have the ability to put their music and themselves in front of the world. Now they can.

Tyga back in the top 40 :rofl:. His song “Taste” with Offset is #38.

You’re never really out until you’re “out”. Wale should take note.

And who the **** is “Juice World”? Im def washed. Never heard of dude.....but I look up, and he has the #6 song in the entire lcountry. SoundCloud, sad boy rap off the first listen. Not my speed. I’m sure the kids love it

They seem to love “Cole Bennet” directed videos too.

Juice Wrld basically a Interscope plant, he had another song before this tho. The labels have fully infiltrated the Soundcloud "underground".

They go through Cole Bennett and No Jumper because they have the target fanbases (11-18 yo surbuban kids), so its the perfect pass through. Get you a Cole video or two and make a couple No Jumper appearances and you've "arrived" in a way. Lil Skies got his fanbase from the dudes who do those "Mom listens to 21 Savage" videos but he did the same thing basically

Also a lot of people thought this was a Post Malone song based off what I've seen on Twitter :lol:

Juice Wrld basically a Interscope plant, he had another song before this tho. The labels have fully infiltrated the Soundcloud "underground".

They go through Cole Bennett and No Jumper because they have the target fanbases (11-18 yo surbuban kids), so its the perfect pass through. Get you a Cole video or two and make a couple No Jumper appearances and you've "arrived" in a way. Lil Skies got his fanbase from the dudes who do those "Mom listens to 21 Savage" videos but he did the same thing basically

Also a lot of people thought this was a Post Malone song based off what I've seen on Twitter :lol:

I had a strong feeling it went EXACTLY like this :lol:. Thanks for confirming.

They got it sowed up right now. Labels loving these SoundCloud dudes. Easy flip...and the platforms and audience are there.

We gon keep seeing this I guess :smh:

Cole Bennet and No Jumper etc are really the driving forces behind this **** :lol:

25681e7bc02f75bdad5ce21217ed8f68e514e879_hq.gif

Meeks first song after all this is very critical

Does he go back to his formula/sound

Or does he come with some ‘Young Black America’ type of style

Back
Top Bottom