I found this on ESPN insider.

Will Harbaugh coach through Week 17?
December, 16, 2014
DEC 16
8:04
AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider
00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
There was a little buzz last week that if the San Francisco 49ers formally fell out of the playoff race with a Week 15 loss that they would consider firing coach Jim Harbaugh on Monday, thus beginning their search for a new head for the 2015 campaign.

Well, the Niners lost to the Seattle Seahawks and are out of the postseason chase, but it appears they are going to play out the final two games before making a decision.

“When the season ends, decisions are going to be made,” Baalke said Monday on 95.7 The Game (H/T CSNBayArea.com). “And that’s when that conversation is going to take place. Jim and I sat here this morning and we basically talked about just that, and we talked about what we needed to do from a roster standpoint to get ready to play Saturday."

If the 49ers hope to trade Harbaugh to another team, they'll have to wait until after the regular season has been completed, so it's no surprise that they'll keep the coach for the meaningless stretch run. After Week 17, though, all cards will be on the table. Harbaugh could be traded, fired or ask to be let go so he can join the University of Michigan as their next head coach.

Niner fan not so much in disguise praying he doesn't come home to the dark side? lol.

Do you guys think he would get 10 mil anywhere? I can't see Mark Davis paying him that (I don't blame him)

Last edited:
I wanted Del Rio to be our DC back when he left Jax...Dude grew up a Raider fan apparently, went to Hayward High. Disappointed when he went to Denver, but I don't blame him 
mean.gif

I'm going to say the IR is precautionary and just decided to shut him down for the year.

If harbaugh is too much $$ or jettisons for Michigan, I'd like Del Rio

I'm guessing Jim would prefer to stay in the pros, assuming he's made a fair offer. Moving to Michigan, leaving the Bay Area, it's a lot to ask.

Back
Top Bottom