Rafer Alston and Derek Fisher both suspended for 1 game

I'm not surprised at either suspension, but I still don't see how Popa Doc didn't get one for his foul on Brad Miller or Hinrich....

fisher deserves it

im glad his old butt will be out for a game

phil's man-love for him is getting out of control

I was expecting suspension for both players, both were out of character but had to handle their business.

As a Laker fan, I was extremely surprised by DFish's actions. GOOD STUFF.

scola got LAYED OUT. BAD. & worst part, he didnt retaliate-nor even step to DFish. I'm not promoting fights to happen in the NBA, but if I got hit, Iwould atleast get up and get in his face.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

fisher deserves it

?????

Don't tell me you would rather have JFarmar on the floor............

Fisher is a vital player in the Lakers.

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

fisher deserves it

?????

Don't tell me you would rather have JFarmar on the floor............

Fisher is a vital player in the Lakers.

Fisher has been in a long slump, when he isn't making his 3's he's worthless.

he can't move on defense and his layups are TURRIBLE
laugh.gif

at this point, with Fisher slumping and not playing D, I'd rather see Farmar/Brown play more minutes because at least they add some athleticism on offenseand defense

Can someone please please please make a gif of Alston smaking House in the back of his head. I NEED THAT GIF IN MY LIFE RIGHTT NOW. PLEASE ANYONE!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by officialbang

Can someone please please please make a gif of Alston smaking House in the back of his head. I NEED THAT GIF IN MY LIFE RIGHTT NOW. PLEASE ANYONE!!!!!!!!

Bro...it's right on page 1.
laugh.gif

The Kobe-Artest play happens dozens of times every game. If Artest wasn't so mentally unstable we would never have even seen a replay of it.

stu jackson is a piece of trash. yet he continues to get jobs, he was a crappy coach with the knicks, he did a crappy job running the grizzlies, and he'sdoing a crappy job suspending people.

During a playoff game a few years ago, Robert Horry hits Steve Nash to the scorer's table and gets suspended.

This year, Rando throws Hinrich to the scorer's table and then almost throws a punch and he gets a flagrant 1?

Hmmm...

Kenyon Martin decks Nowitzki with his elbows and gets a technical.

Fisher does the same thing and gets suspended.

Hmmm....

These suspensions are really stupid and inconsistent.

Back in the 90's, Jordan used to deck people trying to set screens on him all the time. Back in the 90's, none of these would have been suspensions...Technicals yes but not suspensions.. The league has gotten really soft.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

The Kobe-Artest play happens dozens of times every game. If Artest wasn't so mentally unstable we would never have even seen a replay of it.
Although I agree he's a little crazy, Artest said hobe had been elbowing, slapping his hand, etc the whole game. Artest was just letting hobeknow that he was crossing the line..

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

stu jackson is a piece of trash. yet he continues to get jobs, he was a crappy coach with the knicks, he did a crappy job running the grizzlies, and he's doing a crappy job suspending people.
exactly. when he first got announced for his current position, I was like "that Stu Jackson?" At least when Rod Thorn was in thatposition and he made a tough choice and started to question him, you could look back and say that this was the man that drafted Michael Jordan, but what hasStu Jackson accomplished EVER.

the only reason why Rondo wasn't assessed a flagrant foul for his hit on Brad Miller is because the NBA didn't want to make a ruling admitting amistake that you could consider directly affecting the outcome of a game. In their view its easy to slap Kobe with a flagrant cuz it didn't affect thegame. Its a meaningless upgrade but shows that the NBA is tough about discipline. What it really shows is that they are inconsistent.

Originally Posted by solefob

the only reason why Rondo wasn't assessed a flagrant foul for his hit on Brad Miller is because the NBA didn't want to make a ruling admitting a mistake that you could consider directly affecting the outcome of a game. In their view its easy to slap Kobe with a flagrant cuz it didn't affect the game. Its a meaningless upgrade but shows that the NBA is tough about discipline. What it really shows is that they are inconsistent.
Very inconsistent.

But the hypocrisy on here is funny. You can look through this thread or some of the Lakers and Celtics game threads and you'll see a lot of hypocrisy fromplenty of fans of both teams.

Originally Posted by DaeWing

During a playoff game a few years ago, Robert Horry hits Steve Nash to the scorer's table and gets suspended.

This year, Rando throws Hinrich to the scorer's table and then almost throws a punch and he gets a flagrant 1?

Hmmm...

Kenyon Martin decks Nowitzki with his elbows and gets a technical.

Fisher does the same thing and gets suspended.

Hmmm....

These suspensions are really stupid and inconsistent.

Back in the 90's, Jordan used to deck people trying to set screens on him all the time. Back in the 90's, none of these would have been suspensions... Technicals yes but not suspensions.. The league has gotten really soft.
every time i see someone defending fisher its a laker fan
laugh.gif

but yea fish definitely deserved that suspension. what he did was out of line. he elbowed fam for NO REASON and it was obviously intentional

k-mart was just giving dirk a hard foul

rondo should have been suspended though

that is all

Originally Posted by 531

I wish they would suspend fisher the whole playoffs. dude is like iverson as a role player.

nba_vid_kobeelbow_300.jpg

look where artest's elbow is

Aight u are trippin HARD trying to compare fisher to the answer, i cant believe u even put the two in the same sentence, that was stupid and uncalled for
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom