Racism iN America (esp. 4 gamers)

people that use slurs online are just trying to be cool, like "ooh i can say this really bad word without repercussion" it's usually not outright bigotry

Originally Posted by Essential1

If you are black, I have no problem with you saying it. If it is a term of endearment or a greeting or salutation that's not a problem. But if you use it as a way to be judgmental or put someone down, I'm not having that either.

Any other race it is all context, how you use it, when you use it, your tone, and how often you use it.
I have heard this concept plenty of times (primarily from people who were black), but it simply doesn't make any sense to me. How can a word of endearment also evoke anger under other circumstances? If it's a word of endearment, why should it be kept within the perimeters of the Black community?

Anyone who uses the word should not complain when anyone else uses it.

It's not a word of endearment, it's a racial slur.

I've heard White students at my school use it with their Black friends as "a word of endearment." Now, would those black students react the same way if a white person who they didn't know came up to them and called them the N word? Of course not. Especially if it ended with "er," since there's a difference when it ends with an "a" (which is moronic).

Yeah, it's a word of endearment around that white kid's friends, but when he is on the street or in almost any other setting using the word loosely, or it happens to slip out due to how comfortable he is with the word, someone will get offended and no good will come out of it.

People just say whatever they want to piss you off. I'm white, but you get it from both sides. Black people call you a stupid hillbilly, white people drop the n-bomb. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I sit in front of my trailer with a rabbit ears TV watching Nascar and drinking Busch Light. I honestly get called a dumb n word a lot by stupid 13 year old white kids. Its just gotten to the point where I mute everyone who isn't one of my friends.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

direct all this to 4chan.

everyone is a Nword in that world.

its said so much... that the word holds no weight aside from the disrespect of it not being your name.

and thats how it should be.
Well Said. I know you say it as a sad commentary, but we as people give words the weight that they carry.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

If you are black, I have no problem with you saying it. If it is a term of endearment or a greeting or salutation that's not a problem. But if you use it as a way to be judgmental or put someone down, I'm not having that either.

Any other race it is all context, how you use it, when you use it, your tone, and how often you use it.
I have heard this concept plenty of times (primarily from people who were black), but it simply doesn't make any sense to me. How can a word of endearment also evoke anger under other circumstances? If it's a word of endearment, why should it be kept within the perimeters of the Black community?

Anyone who uses the word should not complain when anyone else uses it.

It's not a word of endearment, it's a racial slur.

I've heard White students at my school use it with their Black friends as "a word of endearment." Now, would those black students react the same way if a white person who they didn't know came up to them and called them the N word? Of course not. Especially if it ended with "er," since there's a difference when it ends with an "a" (which is moronic).

Yeah, it's a word of endearment around that white kid's friends, but when he is on the street or in almost any other setting using the word loosely, or it happens to slip out due to how comfortable he is with the word, someone will get offended and no good will come out of it.

context of history.

I get what you are saying though. I'm not in the Al Sharpton business so I don't call for the ban of a word. Because it has become a term of endearment still doesn't change the real/original meaning. I.e. every word has multiple meanings and there are probably more than a few that have contradictory definitions. SO use and context matter..

I don't care how comfortable a white person gets with the word he shouldn't use it under any circumstances. Not even if he is by himself rapping along to a song

laugh.gif
That's why there a mute button dude. Either own them back with your game or mute them all. Most of these e-racist white boys are nothing but () in real life though. The only way they can safely express their hatred is behind a TV or a computer screen.

its a bunch of teenage kids playing games, what do you expect?

and how do you use the "n-word" as an "adjective"? _____ book?

if you've got a problem with it, get your grown +** off the couch and do something more productive

Originally Posted by Shoes N BasketBall

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

ps3 online > xbox live, dudes can get they IP address found real quick talking that +!%, on ps3

and what are you going to do?
Fly to japan, or whatever other state there?
Mad childish and stupid if you ask me.

Dude be waiting at the door with the Russian Mafia for all you know.

Just ignore it.
tired.gif

Exactly.

Movie Name: Dont Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)
Quote:
Ashtray: Hey, Preach, what up n_?
Preach: Yall need to stop using the word n_. You see, its terms
like the word n_ that the white man uses to take away the self
esteem of another race.
Ashtray: Word.

Originally Posted by Homer

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i
dont                          know why

you                 
                  are

typing
                         like this
but it

is annoying

laugh.gif
the hell is you seeing fam?
He just wanted to be cool for making fun of OP? Fail
grin.gif
  If you don't like how he types, don't respond.

I'm just wondering how a word is racist if it's not being used in a racist manner?

The 3/6 letter F word is thrown around more than anything else in my experience online and I don't see people generally taking offense to it.

Words are words, people will say anything to piss each other off when anonymity and lack of consequences are involved (see the chan/XBL/PSN/chat rooms/NT) ::shrugs::
tired.gif

I'm white so my judgment on this is not supreme nor is it even relevant to anyone but myself.

If you are white and say it, I really don't give a @%+% who you are, you are getting sonned in some shape or fashion (i.e. Kid from high school who I really don't like but was somehow hanging out with him, said it, I told him don't say that ever again. He knows I dislike him so he tried to test me, and said it again, I beat the hell out of him). If you are white and of European origin (most of us are, but I mean born there and have spent most of your life there, I really don't tolerate it because while racism here is bad, racism over there is unreal)
           In east europe **@% is dangerous for blacks. In my city we have Ku Klux Klan and it's legal
smh.gif
, but in russia...i dont even wanna tell u what happens there..

i was playing mw2 online on my cousin's ps3.
as soon as i started talking +$++, someone asked me what i was doing out of the kitchen...
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]
i had to laugh @ that

They usually get muted, but in some situations I clown them with intelligence, they get so pissed off knowing they aren't as smart as me.

Originally Posted by kien

if you've got a problem with it, get your grown +** off the couch and do something more productive
I'm a sophmore in college dude...get some "productive" comments

Originally Posted by Jumabat4

op stop it already, you're being racially discriminative with you not letting the white man use the word.

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

Originally Posted by Jumabat4

op stop it already, you're being racially discriminative with you not letting the white man use the word.
Exactly, if you didn't like it, you would boycott the music that throws the word around like it's nothing either.  Either everyone can say it or no one can say it.  

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

i was playing mw2 online on my cousin's ps3.
as soon as i started talking +$++, someone asked me what i was doing out of the kitchen...
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]
i had to laugh @ that

forgive me...i laughed as well  
laugh.gif

The only reason they are being racist is because they can do it over the internet/video game without consequence.

People on the internet always talking bout colored people and N_ cuz in real life they would never say it.

2i7nxb9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom