R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Im not laughing. Point simple. You put in the work you become successful. If that is not around you, you leave and make your own way. You dont make excuses. You just work harder to prove yourself.
No one is making excuses just highlighting reality. There is history and empirical research that proves employment discrimination exists. People of color and women still make less than white men with similar and less qualifications. No one is making excuses just pointing out facts. Are you black?

No one is making excuses just highlighting reality. There is history and empirical research that proves employment discrimination exists. People of color and women still make less than white men with similar and less qualifications. No one is making excuses just pointing out facts. Are you black?
Does it matter?

649AEF30-8F94-4065-834E-28BB1B894CDC.jpeg

No. I am not. I have worked in a factory for 20 years still trying to EARN my worth. No matter the position I am in. This is the part where you label me for "not understanding" right? I have ****** up in my 20s , and paid for it. Completely. Got told I was nothing, and would never get right. My boss told me I was gonna fail. Got told I was stupid for the things I did. Got told I wouldnt make it through this. That was 2004. I MADE A CHOICE. I decided to make what I did (my job) mean something to ME. And try to be the best ever to do it.
Not gonna bore you with the results. But the meaning is clear. You make your way through life. Your decisions dictate everything. Yeah I am white, but dont label me. Because I have not labeled you. KoBe was about ALL thhis.

No. I am not. I have worked in a factory for 20 years still trying to EARN my worth. No matter the position I am in. This is the part where you label me for "not understanding" right? I have ****ed up in my 20s , and paid for it. Completely. Got told I was nothing, and would never get right. My boss told me I was gonna fail. Got told I was stupid for the things I did. Got told I wouldnt make it through this. That was 2004. I MADE A CHOICE. I decided to make what I did (my job) mean something to ME. And try to be the best ever to do it.
Not gonna bore you with the results. But the meaning is clear. You make your way through life. Your decisions dictate everything. Yeah I am white, but dont label me. Because I have not labeled you. KoBe was about ALL thhis.
Not labeling you anything. Just figured you weren’t black because your posts lack perspective when it comes to race and activism. You don’t gotta tell me about struggle I know it first hand and I know success too. But it’s important to understand that everyone doesn’t have the same Choices or opportunities. One can make all the right choices and decisions in life and still have to navigate through racist institutions, which can hinder one’s likelihood to acquire success greatly. . Doesn’t mean one can’t do it, but it def complicates the process. Your decisions don’t dictate everything when there are glass ceilings, racism, sexism etc in society. Life in America, especially for Black folk isn’t some utopia like you’ve painted, but it doesn’t mean one should quit or give up either, you wouldn’t know this though because you haven’t walked in the shoes of a black person. It’s easy for you to not think about race or see race when you’re white in a country that was built and maintained for people who look like you.

Not labeling you anything. Just figured you weren’t black because your posts lack perspective when it comes to race and activism. You don’t gotta tell me about struggle I know it first hand and I know success too. But it’s important to understand that everyone doesn’t have the same Choices or opportunities. One can make all the right choices and decisions in life and still have to navigate through racist institutions, which can hinder one’s likelihood to acquire success greatly. . Doesn’t mean one can’t do it, but it def complicates the process. Your decisions don’t dictate everything when there are glass ceilings, racism, sexism etc in society. Life in America, especially for Black folk isn’t some utopia like you’ve painted, but it doesn’t mean one should quit or give up either, you wouldn’t know this though because you haven’t walked in the shoes of a black person. It’s easy for you to not think about race or see race when you’re white in a country that was built and maintained for people who look like you.
Wow. I didnt paint a pic of anything. Its real simple, you make choices. Choices that lead to effects. To say I am white and that disqualifies me from knowing whats up is crazy when you dont know what I have seen and been through. I made my dumbass mistakes in life and paid for them, greatly. But at the same time made a choice to better myself when ALL others were doubting me. Will never apoligize for that. Whether you want this or not, I will always look at you as an equal until you prove to me otherwise.

Wow. I didnt paint a pic of anything. Its real simple, you make choices. Choices that lead to effects. To say I am white and that disqualifies me from knowing whats up is crazy when you dont know what I have seen and been through. I made my dumbass mistakes in life and paid for them, greatly. But at the same time made a choice to better myself when ALL others were doubting me. Will never apoligize for that. Whether you want this or not, I will always look at you as an equal until you prove to me otherwise.
So you know what it’s like to be black in America? Employers often make choices to not hire or promote people of color. There are consequences for those choices that have been documented and studied for eons. Choices aren’t the same across the board. Life in America is far more nuanced.

One thing I wanna post here....

Back in my card collecting days in early high school, (Gr 8/9), Kobe autographed memorabilia was not worth as much as other bball stars even though he was the most hyped star in the NBA. This was 97 or 98 when he was voted as a starter in his second season.

I recall that the folks the memorabilia industry always saying that Kobe always stops for autographs and photos (this was when he was single). He would just sign anything and pose pics with every fan. Trully a fan's athlete. Bad for the memorabilia sellers because his authographs were not as rare, but awesome for the everyday fan.

Back
Top Bottom