R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Did anyone in here watch Kobe Doin Work tonight on espn?
Still got the DVD
BCED20AF-5A99-4134-A320-E43C8F985CAA.jpeg

Did anyone in here watch Kobe Doin Work tonight on espn?

Best part of his NBA career for me. Great ball movement, team chemistry, calling D. Stoudimire a mouse, Thomas an old fart.

That Bomani pod put a lot into perspective. The part where he said why wouldn’t you want to be like Mike, and the Stan that started balling saying Stans had to defend him. No one else was. He didn’t have to be like MJ, he was Kobe. :emoji_sob:

im a mason..i was actually the treasurer of my lodge before moving to nashville..Im really tied in with people in my grand lodge..I can honestly tell you that freemason = illuminati stuff is bs lol
May u start a mason thread when u have the time? I’m genuinely curious in the non mumbo jumbo associated stuff.

Nick Young looks like he’s a sore loser lol
Best part of his NBA career for me. Great ball movement, team chemistry, calling D. Stoudimire a mouse, Thomas an old fart.

That Bomani pod put a lot into perspective. The part where he said why wouldn’t you want to be like Mike, and the Stan that started balling saying Stans had to defend him. No one else was. He didn’t have to be like MJ, he was Kobe. :emoji_sob:

Yeah man it def put a lot into perspective. While listening to it, I thought to myself how MJ had such a long stretch of being “the man” in the league. Sure there were other stars, but it was always “can so and so beat MJ’s Bulls?”

But Kobe came into the league and took a few years to be considered the front runner for best player at that time, then Lebron came in a few years after and people were quick to snatch that crown when Lebron didn’t prove anything yet. I even remember people debating TMac vs Kobe. Granted TMac was nasty in his prime, but overall player wise, Kobe was a whole tier above.

then towards the tail end of his prime, the Wade/LBJ Heat came about and Kobe was forgotten. Crazy considering his greatness how little spotlight he got as “THE Guy” in the league in a 20 year career.

May u start a mason thread when u have the time? I’m genuinely curious in the non mumbo jumbo associated stuff.

He’s not a high ranking member. Is easy to get in. If you’re black you can only join a Prince Hall Lodge to my knowledge. White people don’t acknowledge black people as masons, unless you hold a high status.

Yeah man it def put a lot into perspective. While listening to it, I thought to myself how MJ had such a long stretch of being “the man” in the league. Sure there were other stars, but it was always “can so and so beat MJ’s Bulls?”

But Kobe came into the league and took a few years to be considered the front runner for best player at that time, then Lebron came in a few years after and people were quick to snatch that crown when Lebron didn’t prove anything yet. I even remember people debating TMac vs Kobe. Granted TMac was nasty in his prime, but overall player wise, Kobe was a whole tier above.

then towards the tail end of his prime, the Wade/LBJ Heat came about and Kobe was forgotten. Crazy considering his greatness how little spotlight he got as “THE Guy” in the league in a 20 year career.

I agree, and a lot of his years as The Man were really spaced out. Him only winning the MVP once, Lebron coming into the league, and the Spurs winning rings took a lot of his screen time. But I also think the media had a lot to do with that. He wasn't friendly with them back then, that's why they pushed that weirdo narrative about him and were so critical about him.

I can’t believe some of y’all are bringing certain stuff in here knowing the guys in hear don’t wanna hear that. And shame on those making dumb jokes. People are in here celebrating the life of Kobe. Morning this great loss for everyone. Nobody in here is interested in hearing about all that extra stuff. Theres another place for that. Let this just be about paying respects celebrating life and honoring Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom